***#8 Iowa State vs #4 Iowa (Sunday, 2:00)***

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
It has to be almost statistically impossible to lose to one team 19 straight times, but here we are. True wrestling fans, what will it take to finally win? All I’ve heard this year is that this team can be extremely good. Then I tune in and Iowa wins again.
Iowa City getting wiped off the map. Short of that, just don’t see it.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Minimal backpoints and no one ever close to being pinned. Kind of a boring dual.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
125- Kysen of old
133- Great Showing. Wrestler of Meet for us.
141- Coaches needed to throw the brick to give him some time to catch his breath to give him a fighters chance in OT
149- Dog
157- Tossup went there way. Man it was close call at the end. Chit wins that again
165- DC does what he needed to and got bonus
174- Dumb on MJ and coaches for not helping him. The guy literally is just off of a knee scope and dogging at the end.
184- Terrible. You are a returing AA and going up against a true Fresh and can't do anything? Rather have seen Tate go here if that is how it was going to go.
197 - Even Worse then 84. Maybe Feldkamp should have bumped up here? Who knows.
HWT- Yonger held back knowing couldn't win it for the team

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It sure what you could see, but Listening on Varsity App and Carr and the play by play guy made it sound like the coaching staff was trying to get MJ to cut loose but he didn’t listen/hear.
Dresser said he made a mistake after the match, should have won.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
The wrestling diehards need to explain to me how you can get a stalling call in about every match and it have absolutely no negative consequences.

This is the way stalling is across the board. It’s pretty much performative

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It's not just that we can't beat them it's that we are a borderline top-10 program at best.

When was the last time we finished in the top 10 at nationals? 15 years ago? Iowa is on a higher level than us in wrestling and the top end of wrestling is a different beast than everything else.

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Good kids but I'm ready for Terukina and Broderson to move on. They just don't ever get over the hump.
Are the coaches overly active in the portal? I don’t watch a ton of wrestling, but when I’ve seen these 2 in big matches I haven’t been impressed. Why not do what Iowa did or probably a handful of other colleges and just go to North Dakota State and take a couple of their studs?

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
125- Kysen of old
133- Great Showing. Wrestler of Meet for us.
141- Coaches needed to throw the brick to give him some time to catch his breath to give him a fighters chance in OT
149- Dog
157- Tossup went there way. Man it was close call at the end. Chit wins that again
165- DC does what he needed to and got bonus
174- Dumb on MJ and coaches for not helping him. The guy literally is just off of a knee scope and dogging at the end.
184- Terrible. You are a returing AA and going up against a true Fresh and can't do anything? Rather have seen Tate go here if that is how it was going to go.
197 - Even Worse then 84. Maybe Feldkamp should have bumped up here? Who knows.
HWT- Yonger held back knowing couldn't win it for the team
To add to your 184 note, a true freshman who found out he was moving up yesterday.

Seen a lot of people give Dresser credit for owning the mistake during the Gaitan match. Not sure why any credit is being given, we all saw it and knew what happened. Astonishing to me the whole staff was wrong.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Are the coaches overly active in the portal? I don’t watch a ton of wrestling, but when I’ve seen these 2 in big matches I haven’t been impressed. Why not do what Iowa did or probably a handful of other colleges and just go to North Dakota State and take a couple of their studs?
Easier said than done. With NIL and the Iowa mystique, it is a lot easier to coax people away.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
For meet or game to be called a Rivalry you need to win a game/meet say at least once or twice every few years.

ISU vs Iowa in wrestling is more of an annual ritual. Ritual conveys the same thing happening year over year

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
125-did nothing to push the pace struggled to close gap on a taller guy
133-great
141-neither wrestler wanted to open up thought if favored us to keep it close. Would love to see a rematch.
149-stayed aggressive, Would like to see him take down, but understand why he didn't
157-looked good, their senior transfer looked like a senior transfer
165-carr doing carr
174-doing weird stuff and giving up takedown rather than getting to leg attacks won't win big matches. Conditioning good should've went for one more td.
184-terrible did nothing against a smaller opponent
197-terrible shoots twice the entire match but none in the third.
Common theme here is leg attacks win at the college level 74 learned that half way through his match, 84 and 97 don't know.
285-looked good

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
That loss hurts. Need to challenge at 141 and then he should’ve wrestled Naak at 184 and Feldkamp at 197.

We need to go with Nando at 197. Broderson has absolutely no offense outside of a headlock that is extremely rare to hit at this level of wrestling. At least Nando will open it up

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Dresser said he made a mistake after the match, should have won.

Ok. But did you see it?

Not going to die on this hill, but both commentators made it clear the coaches werent listened to.

Doubt dresser would throw the kid under the bus on an ESPN interview.

Reactions: CycloneVet