• Poll closed .

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
Here's my prediction:

1. Some of our guys will have disappointing losses
2. Some of our guys will have surprising victories
3. Some of our guys will wrestle to their seed
4. crablegs will get mad and denounce the entire program on the first day, then rally and cheer on the wrestlers who are still alive on Saturday (a true fan, if you ask me) ;)

Seriously, I have little doubt in David and Yonger reaching AA. Frost, Ech, and Casey have very doable paths to the podium - I'd be disappointed if only one of them made it. Therefore, I'm picking the over. I think we have 4 or 5 All-Americans when this is over.

The other 4 guys have work to do, but I won't be shocked if one of them is wrestling on Saturday.

hoihawaiian

Feb 23, 2023
5 AAs

I hope Feldkamp is recovered somewhat from Big 12's and I would never count him out of the AA finishes. Wish we could have had him for another year- seems like a great guy.

When Yonger wins this bracket seeded as #2 he will have won a much tougher bracket than history will ever give him credit for.

Will one of our guys bring home the Gorriaran award? MJ Gaitan needs this in his resume. Backside wrestlers almost always have the advantage.

As a lifelong Cyclone, I am so happy to have a solid tournament team.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Looking at Swiderski last season compared to this season, it's hard to picture him not getting on the podium.

Outside of Lovett, I could see Casey beating anyone in that bracket. I wouldn't count him out against Lovett either, just a taller order, to be sure.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I think all except 125 have the potential. Heck, given the craziness of 125 I guess I shouldn't even rule that out. That said, this is the NCAA's and there are going to be some crazy upsets and some of our guys are going to get caught in tough backside draws. My confidence order would be: 285, 165, 141, 133, 149, 157, 174, 184, 125. I think 285. 165 & 141 are very high probability and either 133 or 149 will get it done, so I'll take the over.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Looking at Swiderski last season compared to this season, it's hard to picture him not getting on the podium.

Outside of Lovett, I could see Casey beating anyone in that bracket. I wouldn't count him out against Lovett either, just a taller order, to be sure.
If rage monster Casey is out, he can definitely beat Lovett.

1CycloneWrestlingFan

Jan 5, 2020
Casey vs Lovett will be more about which version of Lovett comes out. The one that wrestled Rahnvardi, Casey mauls. The one vs Gomez the first time, gonna be tough