• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I'm putting it at five AAs.

133 - like his path a lot here, sets up well to get to the quarters then have someone like Romney in the blood round
141 - again seems like a good draw to get to the quarters, then you've got beat Jack front-side or Jamison back-side and I think AE can handle that
149 - give me Casey to dominate first two rounds but Lovett will be issues, blood round vs Kinner/Miller/D'Emilio I love his chances to seal the AA
165 - I still dont see anyone other KOT beating him, so I think David is in the semi's and we see what happens
285 - Yonger in the semi's easy, no explanation necessary

I ran through the brackets had those five placing 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 1st respectively and team 2nd. Surely drinking some kool-aid but I think we can really put up some points.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Guys. Now that I have the interactive brackets and I’m going through matches, it’s looking real good.

6 AAs. There I said it
I also got 6 AAs from my interactive brackets, and I am clearly biased with my predictions lol:

133- 7th
141- 1st
149- 4th
157- 4th
165- 3rd
Hwt- 1st

Clearly just about the best case scenario, but not impossible.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Guys. Now that I have the interactive brackets and I’m going through matches, it’s looking real good.

6 AAs. There I said it
Usually rely on you to have a less Kool aid take. We must be rubbing off on you. I've got 5 AA. Hwt, 165. 141

Then 2 out of 133, 149, 157, 184, 174 125 in that order. Who you got?

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Usually rely on you to have a less Kool aid take. We must be rubbing off on you. I've got 5 AA. Hwt, 165. 141

Then 2 out of 133, 149, 157, 184, 174 125 in that order. Who you got?
Interestingly I have 33 (6th), 41 (3rd), 57 (7th), 65 (3rd), 74 (8th), hvy (3rd).

I don’t like Casey’s r12 match, but I love MJ’s backside. After a pin R1 and then a loss to Devos in R2. MJ would go Turley, Kemp, Conigliaro to place. Tough, sure, but the highest ranked guy there is 9th which is Kemp. Wrestlestat only has Kemp ranked 37th and picks MJ over him 12-3.

Frost’s path is great too. I see a R12 match with Van Dee.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Interestingly I have 33 (6th), 41 (3rd), 57 (7th), 65 (3rd), 74 (8th), hvy (3rd).

I don’t like Casey’s r12 match, but I love MJ’s backside. After a pin R1 and then a loss to Devos in R2. MJ would go Turley, Kemp, Conigliaro to place. Tough, sure, but the highest ranked guy there is 9th which is Kemp. Wrestlestat only has Kemp ranked 37th and picks MJ over him 12-3.

You got yonger losing hendrickson rd 2?
Also comments on chittum?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
You got yonger losing hendrickson rd 2?
Also comments on chittum?
I do. For those of you that think I’ve gone soft. I don’t think that counter throw is replicable and his inability to get in on even 1 shot really concerns me. If this is a 1 td match I think that Hendrixkson’s conditioning and riding will cause problems.

Chittum I have losing to Shapiro in R2. Then beating Brignola, Cardenas, and Lewan in the R12. I’m fairly confident in the first 2, but not at all confident against Lewan. I just hate Lewan’s style so much I couldn’t pick him. I do think Chittum is really coming on and figuring out how to make his style work.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

I know you know this but predicting brackets and matchups out that far is nuts. There’s way too much chaos that’s going to happen.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
What 1, 2 and/or 3 seeds do people see as the most vulnerable?
i think a lot of 1 seeds are vulnerable this year. The most are probably Davis and Mekhi.

Order, most to least confident 1 seed.

1. Brooks. I know Hidlay is legit, but Brooks is too good.
2. Keckeisen.
3. Haines
4. Otoole
5. Kerkvliet
6. Fix
7. Lovett
8. Mendez
9. Mekhi
10. Davis

CloneMalone

Mar 14, 2024
I'm putting it at five AAs.

133 - like his path a lot here, sets up well to get to the quarters then have someone like Romney in the blood round
141 - again seems like a good draw to get to the quarters, then you've got beat Jack front-side or Jamison back-side and I think AE can handle that
149 - give me Casey to dominate first two rounds but Lovett will be issues, blood round vs Kinner/Miller/D'Emilio I love his chances to seal the AA
165 - I still dont see anyone other KOT beating him, so I think David is in the semi's and we see what happens
285 - Yonger in the semi's easy, no explanation necessary

I ran through the brackets had those five placing 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 1st respectively and team 2nd. Surely drinking some kool-aid but I think we can really put up some points.
Yongers quarterfinal matchup against Davidson scares me just a little

• Agree
Reactions: crablegs

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
So I filled out the entirety of the interactive brackets. I'm sure there is a lot of homerism in my picks, but I have us calculating out to 2nd. And that is with Casey and Cody NOT AA'ing. I see them running into some tough sledding on the backside. On the other hand, I have Will getting 6th despite being pretty down on him the whole year. His bracket looks much more favorable.

Homerism comes in picking both Carr and Yonger as champs, but even switching them both to runner up still calculates out to us getting 2nd.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
So I filled out the entirety of the interactive brackets. I'm sure there is a lot of homerism in my picks, but I have us calculating out to 2nd. And that is with Casey and Cody NOT AA'ing. I see them running into some tough sledding on the backside. On the other hand, I have Will getting 6th despite being pretty down on him the whole year. His bracket looks much more favorable.

Homerism comes in picking both Carr and Yonger as champs, but even switching them both to runner up still calculates out to us getting 2nd.
If Carr makes the finals he is not losing :D

I also think Will’s backside will be much tougher than Casey and possibly even Chittums.

Reactions: TheCampanile

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
If Carr makes the finals he is not losing :D

I also think Will’s backside will be much tougher than Casey and possibly even Chittums.
I agree with you about Carr. I was just experimenting with points. Even if he loses to KOT in the Semis I still have us 2nd.

Interesting take on Will's backside. The toughest match I see to getting AA is against Hawks of MO who I'm certain he can beat if he doesn't get in a crazy hole again.

Casey's path is not too horrible. I think I overrate D;Emillio from tOSU. Casey will have to beat him or #3 Arrington in the blood round. Certainly do-able.

Cody's draw is much worse. If he loses to Shapiro, then he will get Cardenas or Brayton Lee and then have to face Will Lewan in the blood round. I absolutely loath how Lewan wrestles, but he always seems to be most successful in the post season. Also his style is one that gives Cody fits.

Of course, there will be upsets and NONE of this will play out the way I have it here. Just fun looking at it.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Looking at Swiderski last season compared to this season, it's hard to picture him not getting on the podium.

Outside of Lovett, I could see Casey beating anyone in that bracket. I wouldn't count him out against Lovett either, just a taller order, to be sure.
If Casey gets out from bottom and finishes his shots, man he could be right there with a chance to win against all of them. He has a gas tank and confidence and you need those 2 things to win matches in this tournament.

Last edited: