HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
1. Go here
2. Download and install.
3. Restart Chrome.
4. Reopen thread.
5. Click AdBlock logo just right of address bar.
6. Select Block Ad on this Page.
7. Select the Ad
8. Block digitalsportsventures URL.

I already have that. Just hadn't done the URL blocking part. Never had an issue before.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Another vote to get rid of the ads with sound. My work computer runs my phone through a voip service on the computer, so I can't just mute my laptop. I also don't have options to install any different browsers or ad blockers, I'm stuck with IE. This mattress ad is really keeping me away from the site during the day.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
yeah, it's definitely annoying. I attempted this google chrome thing but I'm not seeing the adblock logo. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what just yet.

Click on the wrench to the right of the address bar -> Tools -> Extensions -> Select options for AdBlock -> Customize -> then manually edit your filters and paste

||digitalsportsventures.com

In there and hit save.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
hostsblocking.png

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
This is worse than the Jamie Lee Curtis Activia commercial that was on here a few months ago :jimlad: But seriously, ads with sound shouldn't be on the website. We know the ads generate revenue but ads with sound are very annoying and can drive people away.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
This is worse than the Jamie Lee Curtis Activia commercial that was on here a few months ago :jimlad: But seriously, ads with sound shouldn't be on the website. We know the ads generate revenue but ads with sound are very annoying and can drive people away.

Ads have been reported and will be removed asap. They aren't allowed on the site. We are very specific with this company about this but from time to time, noisy ones slip through the cracks. We're on it. Thanks for your input.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Ads have been reported and will be removed asap. They aren't allowed on the site. We are very specific with this company about this but from time to time, noisy ones slip through the cracks. We're on it. Thanks for your input.

Thanks, Today is the first time I've ever had it happen to me. I thought it might be because I just updated to Firefox 4.0. I only heard it 5 or 6 times but man, how many times do they think it takes until you decide, "Hey, I DO need a new Serta mattress!"

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006

(Bows head in supplication) - Chris, you are the God of all board masters !!!

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Google Chrome+Notscripts solves all current and future problems.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Maybe it's just a MAC/Safari thing, but I have yet to experience these ads that are spoken of, without downloading Chrome or Notscripts or anything else related to ad blocking. I have no clue what most of you are talking about. Another reason why Apple rules.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Maybe it's just a MAC/Safari thing, but I have yet to experience these ads that are spoken of, without downloading Chrome or Notscripts or anything else related to ad blocking. I have no clue what most of you are talking about. Another reason why Apple rules.

I've gotten them plenty on my MacBook Pro using both Rockmelt and Safari browsers.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I also have a macbook pro and have never heard the ads.