ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
First of all, thanks for your input. Don't think for a second that these ads aren't annoying as hell to us either. They are.

I contacted this company on Monday and said if the sound doesn't go away, we're done with them, despite the fact that our site's revenue will drop dramatically. The company has assured me that an end is coming to this in the coming week. If not, we're done.

But please don't come on here and threaten us. This site is 100 percent free of charge. If you want to pay 100 bucks a year, then you have all the right in the world to go elsewhere for your Cyclone fix.

With rising traffic and rising costs to CF every day, we have to do things like this to keep the site free. Thanks to those who understand that and again, your voice has been heard.

We are on it. Have a great day.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
First of all, thanks for your input. Don't think for a second that these ads aren't annoying as hell to us either. They are.

I contacted this company on Monday and said if the sound doesn't go away, we're done with them, despite the fact that our site's revenue will drop dramatically. The company has assured me that an end is coming to this in the coming week. If not, we're done.

But please don't come on here and threaten us. This site is 100 percent free of charge. If you want to pay 100 bucks a year, then you have all the right in the world to go elsewhere for your Cyclone fix.

With rising traffic and rising costs to CF every day, we have to do things like this to keep the site free. Thanks to those who understand that and again, your voice has been heard.

Is there any chance we could have the option of paying to make the site ad-free? I've paid for a lot of Android apps just to get them ad-free and I use this site a lot more than them.

CycloneJL

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Falls
Originally Posted by 1100011CS
Is there any chance we could have the option of paying to make the site ad-free? I've paid for a lot of Android apps just to get them ad-free and I use this site a lot more than them.

No.

The owners of this site are committed to making CF 100 percent free.

I am member of a different forum that has used that model. The forum is still free for anyone to join, read, discuss, etc. However, there is an option for people to donate a very small sum of money, and that donation gives them access to an ad-free site. Still a free site, but the option to get rid of ads.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I am member of a different forum that has used that model. The forum is still free for anyone to join, read, discuss, etc. However, there is an option for people to donate a very small sum of money, and that donation gives them access to an ad-free site. Still a free site, but the option to get rid of ads.

Weatherunderground.com works that way. It has been a very effective model for them.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Originally Posted by 1100011CS

Just get Chrome+Notscripts+Adblock

or

Firefox+Noscripts+Adblock

Jeffreyisu

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA

Thanks for your attention, Chris!

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX

Thank you. :smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron