All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Damn. Too bad Michigan didn’t have that 72.5 points from Micic. They would have beat Iowa.

Im sure someone will get within 35 of the Hawks at NCAA’s right?
Yes because that's how it works. If Lee is out just subtract his points and it wouldn't effect the rest of the team/momentum

• Creative
Reactions: HawkFan1

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Iowa looked decent in the BTT and still won pretty convincingly. Will take a lot of upsets or COVID cancellations for Iowa to lose in STL IMO.

125 - Lee actually gave up two takedowns, which was surprising. But he still rolled his way to another title.

133 - ADS wasn't totally himself this weekend, but still got runner up. I don't think he can beat RBY at nationals either and am hoping he gets a #4 seed and gets Fix in the SF as opposed to getting the #3 seed. I think he has a shot against Fix, but not RBY.

141 - Eierman was good and got his first title. Looked a little shakey in the 3rd in the championship though, but he was also going up against a very good opponent.

149 - Terrible. Not sure what was up with Murin this weekend. He will probably get a WC, but that won't matter unless he wrestles a lot better.

157- Young wrestled to seed. He was solid all weekend.

165 - Bull got another conference title. He needs to bring his A game if he wants a national title. I think he can make the finals, but not sure he can beat Lewis in the finals. Would love to see a rematch though.

174 - Kemerer with a workmanlike performance all weekend.

184 - Brands wrestled really well all weekend. Good showing for him.

197 - Warner did about what you expect.

HWT - The gap between Gable and Paris is huge and the gap between Parish and Cass is also huge. Cass will probably finish 3rd at nationals.

What did you guys think of ISU at the conference tournament?

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
Gable is such an unbelievable athlete. I genuinely think that is he were declare for the NFL draft he would absolutely get drafted. Possibly as early as the 5th round.
That thought was running through my head watching him this weekend. Also if he were to play rugby.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
All Iowa/Iowa State Team

125 - Lee
133 - with no Gomez probably Desanto but Redding making a case
141 - Parker over the stapler
149 - Degen
157 - Carr
165 - Da Bull
174 - Kemerer
184 - Colbray (no biting on our team)
197 - Coleman the pinner until Warner decides to take a shot
HWT - love Cassiopi but hard to go against the Big 12 champ when Cassiopi got pinned in the semis

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
All Iowa/Iowa State Team

125 - Lee
133 - with no Gomez probably Desanto but Redding making a case
141 - Parker over the stapler
149 - Degen
157 - Carr
165 - Da Bull
174 - Kemerer
184 - Colbray (no biting on our team)
197 - Coleman the pinner until Warner decides to take a shot
HWT - love Cassiopi but hard to go against the Big 12 champ when Cassiopi got pinned in the semis
With an advantage in 7/10 weight classes over Iowa, ISU should be tough to beat at Nationals.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
With an advantage in 7/10 weight classes over Iowa, ISU should be tough to beat at Nationals.
The problem with that is Iowa has the huge advantage at 3 of those classes and outside of Carr and Degen the others are close

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You guys would of found a way to duck us anyway
I do think Iowa wins this year given the circumstances (Covid, injuries for other teams at key weights, etc) but I do wonder if all the ducking they did this year will come back and hurt some individuals