All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
Which one of the 1 seeds do you think has the best chance of getting beat and underperforming
It’s obviously Marinelli. He has the coach’s poll #3 in the quarters and #4 in the semis. Always gets a terrible draw out of the 1-seed.
Spencer won’t be tested.
Eierman will have Chad Red in the quarters who he owns and a Real Woods/Tariq Wilson semi.
And I don’t see anyone beating Kemerer this year.
Confidence is:
1. Lee
2. Kemerer
3. Eierman
4. Marinelli

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It’s obviously Marinelli. He has the coach’s poll #3 in the quarters and #4 in the semis. Always gets a terrible draw out of the 1-seed.
Spencer won’t be tested.
Eierman will have Chad Red in the quarters who he owns and a Real Woods/Tariq Wilson semi.
And I don’t see anyone beating Kemerer this year.
Confidence is:
1. Lee
2. Kemerer
3. Eierman
4. Marinelli
Prolly true. Wouldn’t shock me at all if spencer was the only one with a title.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyqeout

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
Prolly true. Wouldn’t shock me at all if spencer was the only one with a title.
It would shock me if Kemerer didn’t also. After BigTen’s he really separated himself, I thought. He’s just so hard to score on and it’s going to take 2 TD’s to beat him because he’s going to get at least 1.
Eierman and the winner of Lee/Rivera is always going to be a toss-up. And Marinelli is going to have to go through the NCAA champ that beat him 2 years ago just to make the finals.

P

PeacefulRival

It would shock me if Kemerer didn’t also. After BigTen’s he really separated himself, I thought. He’s just so hard to score on and it’s going to take 2 TD’s to beat him because he’s going to get at least 1.
Eierman and the winner of Lee/Rivera is always going to be a toss-up. And Marinelli is going to have to go through the NCAA champ that beat him 2 years ago just to make the finals.

I am also expecting Lee and Kemerer to win. If we get 3 individual champs then I will be surprised.

It would be nice to sneak a 5th into the finals. Maybe Desanto?

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
I am also expecting Lee and Kemerer to win. If we get 3 individual champs then I will be surprised.

It would be nice to sneak a 5th into the finals. Maybe Desanto?
DeSanto hasn’t looked like himself lately. His gas tank is still going to win a lot of matches and could get him into the semis, but the top-2 are clearly Fix and RBY.
I think if Iowa gets someone else into the finals other than a 1-seed, it’s Warner. He can beat any of these guys, but has yet to put it all together. Would have true freshman Ferrari in the quarters and 1-seed Amine (who he took to SV-1) in the semis.

Reactions: PeacefulRival

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
All Iowa/Iowa State Team

125 - Lee
133 - with no Gomez probably Desanto but Redding making a case
141 - Parker over the stapler
149 - Degen
157 - Carr
165 - Da Bull
174 - Kemerer
184 - Colbray (no biting on our team)
197 - Coleman the pinner until Warner decides to take a shot
HWT - love Cassiopi but hard to go against the Big 12 champ when Cassiopi got pinned in the semis
yikes