Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Long story short...... child (not able to get vaxxed yet) was exposed to covid at daycare... has had mild cold symptoms and was negative for COVID

I stay home with the child this week. I now have to mild cold (coughing, general crappy feeling) and I am also negative for covid.

I am double vaxxed and boosted as well as my wife....

I think its a bad idea to continue our xmas plans of driving a sizeable distance to her parents who are both double and boosted (and they know we’ve been sick, don’t care).

My wife (who isn't sick) says shes going (with child) whether I go or not.

Last edited:

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
GF’s niece has influenza A. GF watched her yesterday since she didn’t go to school. I am not going to her side and she is not going to my side because the GF was with her parents this week and I was at home. Do what everyone is comfortable with. If they don’t care, then go. If they do, then don’t.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't think it is terrible to go visit the grandparents if you all have tested negative. But I don't think it is a terrible idea to stay home either. I've heard enough stories of people recently who tested negative to only test positive a few days later.

Oddly enough, I think this new variant is trouble right now and we should all be very careful for the next 6 weeks or so, but also probably the first sign that this will eventually mutate into something fairly mild.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Long story short...... child (not able to get vaxxed yet) was exposed to covid at daycare... has had mild cold symptoms and was negative for COVID

I stay home with the child this week. I now have to mild cold (coughing, general crappy feeling) and I am also negative for covid.

I am double vaxxed and boosted as well as my wife....

I think its a bad idea to continue our xmas plans of driving a sizeable distance to her parents who are both double and boosted.

My wife (who isn't sick) says shes going (with child) whether I go or not.

You're a bad person, but you're right on this one.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Take some Nyquil or whatever and if you get better, I think that at least means it's not Covid.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
It sounds like a common cold is running through your family. I'd at least give your family the courtesy of telling them the situation and let them decide if they want to be around them.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Also how easy is it to see these people at another time?

I'm not going to a family Xmas but will plan to see them in some capacity in the summer. Easier and more enjoyable to hang out not all cramped in a house anyway.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
You're vaxxed, they're vaxxed, the sick people have tested negative. You've been responsible.

Make sure the in-laws know you've passed a cold around, but if they're good with it then go. The odds are overwhelmingly on your side.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
When was your child exposed to Covid? Aren’t you supposed to quarantine for 10 days or so if you’ve been exposed? Negative Covid test is only a snapshot but symptoms and positive test still could happen within the first 10 days. If it’s been less than 10 days you all need to stay home! Sorry bro….it’s science.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
giphy.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie
Status
Not open for further replies.