Ames Lager/Omaha Feedback

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Okay team, need your professional advice as you all are way smarter than me. How many cans of Ames Lager do you think we will need for three bars across the street from the arena this week in Omaha? The beer distributor pushed back at the 20,000 cans number as he thinks there's no way a group of fans would drink a craft beer to that level over a few day stretch. The bars (Beer Can Alley, Exchange and Annie's) combine to hold 600 people at a time. Keep in mind $1 from each Ames Lager can will be donated to We Will.

I know you engineers on this forum can give me a good estimate and hopefully we can prove this distributor wrong!

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Okay team, need your professional advice as you all are way smarter than me. How many cans of Ames Lager do you think we will need for three bars across the street from the arena this week in Omaha? The beer distributor pushed back at the 20,000 cans number as he thinks there's no way a group of fans would drink a craft beer to that level over a few day stretch. The bars (Beer Can Alley, Exchange and Annie's) combine to hold 600 people at a time. Keep in mind $1 from each Ames Lager can will be donated to We Will.

I know you engineers on this forum can give me a good estimate and hopefully we can prove this distributor wrong!
what're they charging for a can?

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009

I’ll drink a 12 pack in the 6 hours before the game Thursday easy lol 20,000 is a done deal everyone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Have them talk to the bar owners on Beale St. I think they were pretty taken aback at the capacity of Cyclone fans to imbibe (2017 iteration of our trips there).

Though bowl pre-games are different than tourney ones.

I imagine a lot of ISU fans will be coming in and going straight to the arena.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
So your teams/fanbases are ISU, Drake, Illinois, SDSU, WSU, Morehead State, BYU, Duquesne St?

Obviously BYU is out for calculations but I'd think you'd have pretty good attendance from the first four. The first three would drink craft beer, SDSU is probably less discriminating in their taste.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018

Might need a sociologist to team up with the engineer on this question.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If you have an average of 500 people (less than capacity) in the bars, it would take everyone drinking 40 cans to reach the 20,000. I don't know what their hours will be, but I assume 11am-11pm for 4 days. That would be less than one Ames Lager per person per hour.

Seems very doable.

Reactions: brentblum

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

If they are selling 6 packs, I will buy 8 6 packs to take home.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Cycsk

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
@brentblum
We also need to know if there will be retail sales. People from other parts of the country may want to take some home with them.
It will definitely be available at liquor stores in Omaha, but unsure of the bars themselves.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
20,000 doesn't feel like a wild amount, I would let them know that it's not an IPA or a stout where you only want to have 1 or 2 before switching out. Let's be honest by the end of the night Wednesday they might figure out 20,000 will be gone before the end of Friday.
But its also not a light lager.

Help Support Us

Become a patron