SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
If a 12oz Ames lager is $4

And

16oz Busch light tall boy is $3

IMO - They will not sell 10k Ames lager cans
Unfortunately this is where I’m at too.
Most fans will stick to the cheapest option.

Hope they prove me wrong. Would be great pub to sell the bars out right away

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The issue is more of timing, not quantity of fans. I hope they have some ice bins outside to sell to more people than can get inside the buildings.

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
Yes. Carried a bunch of spots in Omaha. This one always has a big stock.
Wall to Wall
12977 West Center Rd
Omaha, NE 68144
Wine, Beer and Spirits usual has a good amount also. Grab a few 6 packs earlier today.

Reactions: NWICY

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
Will there be food trucks or other options nearby?
There should be plenty of food options. There are a couple of spots in the Capitol District area, otherwise crossing the street to DJ's or Addy's should be a good option too. If you're coming with kids I would take them to the Gene Leahy Park sometime Thursday when it's nice and if you do that there are usually food trucks around also.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Okay team, need your professional advice as you all are way smarter than me. How many cans of Ames Lager do you think we will need for three bars across the street from the arena this week in Omaha? The beer distributor pushed back at the 20,000 cans number as he thinks there's no way a group of fans would drink a craft beer to that level over a few day stretch. The bars (Beer Can Alley, Exchange and Annie's) combine to hold 600 people at a time. Keep in mind $1 from each Ames Lager can will be donated to We Will.

I know you engineers on this forum can give me a good estimate and hopefully we can prove this distributor wrong!
Brent-For the people that aren't making it to Omaha, is there an account(Venmo, etc) that we can send money to buy fellow cyclones fans some AL beer?!

Last edited:

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Brent-For the people that aren't going to make it to Omaha, is there an account(Venmo, etc) that we can send money to buy fellow cyclones fans some AL beer?!
Yes! Great idea! Venmo @wewillclub

Reactions: nrg4isu

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Only Iowa State fans would say this. That $1 extra goes back to help the program. I'm willing to Venmo people money just to offset that extra $1.
Same as the complaints about the pizza

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022

Man, that really surprises me. I suppose you may be right that there is a segment of the population that would feel this way…but it’s only a dollar (and for arguably better beer plus a cause). I can see if we were talking a $3 or $4 price gap, but I would buy Ames Lager all day if if it was a dollar more (even accounting for a little less beer).

I will add though that I appreciate your honesty and am not trying to shame you for your financial position/decisions. And I assume if a couple of you feel that way, that’s valuable info for Brent. I just personally feel differently.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

So people will spend 300/ticket to go to the game but won’t spend an extra buck on a beer to help we will? They are probably the same people complaining that we aren’t renovating Hilton yet.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
So people will spend 300/ticket to go to the game but won’t spend an extra buck on a beer to help we will? They are probably the same people complaining that we aren’t renovating Hilton yet.
You’re underestimating how many people don’t even know Ames Lager supports our NIL. Certainly doesn’t help when there’s 3 other beers produced that don’t support NIL.

And then there’s people like my FIL who drink Busch Light or drink nothing. He loves ISU more than i do but he’s not going to change his habits after 40 years of drinking Busch light

So yeah, the cyclone fanatics of the world will buy Ames Lager because we know the value but much of our fanbase will see a bigger beer at a cheaper price and choose that

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Only Iowa State fans would say this. That $1 extra goes back to help the program. I'm willing to Venmo people money just to offset that extra $1.
If there's one thing ISU fans are good at it's drinking, if we can't turn that into a way to help ISU then god help us we're screwed... and we deserve it.
But this NIL stuff isn't going to be around forever the schools will eventually be paying players directly. So this is a bandaid, Ames Lager will still be around though hopefully.

Also I think West O should copy those old school 80s Cyclone Beer cans and make a line of throwback Ames Lagers. There's probably a copyright thing there but someone should do it.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Man, that really surprises me. I suppose you may be right that there is a segment of the population that would feel this way…but it’s only a dollar (and for arguably better beer plus a cause). I can see if we were talking a $3 or $4 price gap, but I would buy Ames Lager all day if if it was a dollar more (even accounting for a little less beer).

I will add though that I appreciate your honesty and am not trying to shame you for your financial position/decisions. And I assume if a couple of you feel that way, that’s valuable info for Brent. I just personally feel differently.
Also Busch Light sucks…. Yeah I said it

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron