Ames Lager Update

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
This is a Hok troll FYI. Ignore.
Sorry man, swing and miss! Check my history, I'm verified. I'm a 2nd generation Iowa State graduate. Former All American in Track and Field for Iowa State, and my son is currently enrolled at Iowa State with another headed there. I am however, stuck in eastern iowa amidst hawk fans who cherish Swarm while drinking Busch Light. I however, have to drive 23 miles to buy a 6 pack of Ames Lager.

Thank you @Cy Guy69 for the answer! Not bad.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Sorry man, swing and miss! Check my history, I'm verified. I'm a 2nd generation Iowa State graduate. Former All American in Track and Field for Iowa State, and my son is currently enrolled at Iowa State with another headed there. I am however, stuck in eastern iowa amidst hawk fans who cherish Swarm while drinking Busch Light. I however, have to drive 23 miles to buy a 6 pack of Ames Lager.

Thank you @Cy Guy69 for the answer! Not bad.
I am stuck in eastern Iowa too. Well, stuck...my whole life I suppose. I should just finally decide to move amongst my own, but part of me enjoys being a minority. Love butting heads with Hawk fans in the grocery stores, at Wal-Mart, gas stations etc. It can be a thrill!

Ames Lager is not what I would consider easy to find, but generally one of the Hy-Vee in town has some on hand. Can't find it at Fareway, which surprised me a bit considering their affiliation with ISU/Cyclone Fanatic.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Despite its location Backpocket has been a favorite of mine since I first saw them on RAGBRAI... 2014 probably.
I’m not usually an IPA guy, but I cracked one to try it, and before I knew it, I was out. Was my first experience with backpocket

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
@brentblum At a tailgate a few weeks ago, I thought I heard that WestO was going to have an "Ames Lager" metal garage sign. However, I don't see it on this site for Ames Lager merch. Do you know if they have such a product and how I can buy one?

P.S. This site has some great ideas for Christmas presents for Cyclone fans.

Reactions: brentblum

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
@brentblum At a tailgate a few weeks ago, I thought I heard that WestO was going to have an "Ames Lager" metal garage sign. However, I don't see it on this site for Ames Lager merch. Do you know if they have such a product and how I can buy one?

P.S. This site has some great ideas for Christmas presents for Cyclone fans.
They aren’t quite on sale yet, but should be soon. Cycsk, I have one for you :)

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Smart. I’ll buy twice as much, but ship half of it to myself and pretend like a friend sent it to me. That way the wife will just be normal mad instead of super mad with the amount of beer I buy.
I’m restocked! Should last until I’m back in Iowa for Christmas. Found some Ames Lager on the very first stop I made!

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I just bought some at Liquor Lovers in Ankeny. They've had it the last several times I've been in. They have 10% off everything today, too.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@brentblum does anyone in Ames have Ames Lager on tap yet? Going to be there for the Iowa games and would like to support the businesses supporting We Will.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Ames Lager update (Tuesday evening):
- Fareway downtown Ames. Didn't find any there last night.
- Cyclone Liquors Ames. Six-packs in the cooler.
- HyVee East Ames. Six-packs in the cooler next to WestO products.

Reactions: CyPunch

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Well I’ll be damned. Urbandale Fareway currently has Ames Lager & Cyclones Hazy IPA. I left a few sixers for the rest of you in the area. I’m gonna go tell HyVee down the street to step up their game.