Announcement coming: "Cyclones.TV is the real deal"

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Anyone who has Mediacom deserves to be laughed at. Announcing Mediacom as a partner is the equivalent of a puke burp.
Didn't realize CycloneYoda and his "I'm better than you" schtick had changed usernames. DTV was nice but the whole "It's raining, you can't watch TV" thing blows.

FSN-Iowa would be flippin' awesome. Something like FSN-San Diego works better though if they did in fact pick up all the Padres games. That's 81 games people will watch on a consistent basis. Same can't really be said for a FSN-Iowa. I don't anticipate many viewers for Iowa State/West Virginia women's soccer.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Anyone who has Mediacom deserves to be laughed at. Announcing Mediacom as a partner is the equivalent of a puke burp.

You mean a majority of tv viewers? And why exactly should they 'deserve to be laughed at'?

Just because you love your satellite doesnt mean mediacom sucks. Well, their customer service does, but i also know firsthand how much directv's sucks as well. Picture quality is great.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011

lol, I pay $25 a month with 2 boxes all HD, NFL Network, Starz, Encore, All Sports Channels with Mediacom.

Can DTV beat that? Probably not.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

I laughed out loud at this.

There has never been a better comparison for Mediacom. Ever. Take a bow.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Didn't realize CycloneYoda and his "I'm better than you" schtick had changed usernames. DTV was nice but the whole "It's raining, you can't watch TV" thing blows.

FSN-Iowa would be flippin' awesome. Something like FSN-San Diego works better though if they did in fact pick up all the Padres games. That's 81 games people will watch on a consistent basis. Same can't really be said for a FSN-Iowa. I don't anticipate many viewers for Iowa State/West Virginia women's soccer.

I have had FS San Diego for all of a month so don't quote me on this, but it is pretty much FS West programming except when Padres programs are on (pre-game, game, wrapup, etc.). Maybe FS can piggyback on FS Midwest and just fill in with ISU programing when appropriate?

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
You mean a majority of tv viewers? And why exactly should they 'deserve to be laughed at'?

Just because you love your satellite doesnt mean mediacom sucks. Well, their customer service does, but i also know firsthand how much directv's sucks as well. Picture quality is great.

I'm wouldn't say Mediacom subscribers need to be laughed at, because if they offer something you want, and the price is reasonable, more power to you. This is America after all.

But, after paying for their overpriced product, and dealing with one of the worst customer service departments I've ever dealt with, I try to steer my friends/parents/relatives away from them.

Maybe they've changed since the mid 2000's, but I doubt it.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I have had FS San Diego for all of a month so don't quote me on this, but it is pretty much FS West programming except when Padres programs are on (pre-game, game, wrapup, etc.). Maybe FS can piggyback on FS Midwest and just fill in with ISU programing when appropriate?

Better than getting bumped for Blackhawks Hockey all the time.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I have Mediacom, mainly because of the old trees in my neighborhood and have never had a problem. The installers were great, worked around my schedule, were there when they said they would be... Called to change my package many times, adding, dropping, etc and never had an issue, never sat on hold longer than a few seconds.... So, what's the main issue with Mediacom again?

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
The biggest problem with it being FSN is that it doesn't cover 1/3 the state. There's no FSN in the 2nd biggest city in Iowa.

Safe bet is that it's a deal with Mediacom. Probably just a tweak of the same deal they had in the past.

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
The biggest problem with it being FSN is that it doesn't cover 1/3 the state. There's no FSN in the 2nd biggest city in Iowa.

Safe bet is that it's a deal with Mediacom. Probably just a tweak of the same deal they had in the past.

I agree, but that also would be a great way for FSN to get itself on Mediacom in CR/IC. Which might be why they'd do such a deal with Iowa State.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
lol, I pay $25 a month with 2 boxes all HD, NFL Network, Starz, Encore, All Sports Channels with Mediacom.

Can DTV beat that? Probably not.

That might be the deal, but everyone knows that someone else pays your bill for you.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas

That's the point of an FSN-Iowa, it would cover the state vs. there being a different version (if any) dedicated to the entire state. Could also help out Drake and UNI for basketball.

royhobbs09

Apr 11, 2006

Dreaming a little bit because I doubt that FSN-Iowa is the announcement, but how sweet would it be to be able to get Cyclones' pre- and post-game shows with John Walters and friends on a sports pack in San Diego?