Announcement coming: "Cyclones.TV is the real deal"

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
This is coinciding with the release of Black Ops II. Possible connection? Discuss.

3534116_o.gif

MRN4ISU

Jan 23, 2012
Ames (Moville)
This is coinciding with the release of Black Ops II. Possible connection? Discuss.

3534116_o.gif

Iowa State map pack downloadable content for the new Black Ops Game? Maps feature Downtown, Gillman (a building that has claimed many lives), the Tiers, and Central Campus?

(Plus a free sign that says you have no life)

D

DistrictCyclone

Iowa State map pack downloadable content for the new Black Ops Game? Maps feature Downtown, Gillman (a building that has claimed many lives), the Tiers, and Central Campus?

(Plus a free sign that says you have no life)

I always dreamed about how cool it would be to play Goldeneye or CoD or SOCOM on campus. A few friends and I made a Starcraft map of campus once.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I always dreamed about how cool it would be to play Goldeneye or CoD or SOCOM on campus. A few friends and I made a Starcraft map of campus once.

I was gonna say, I assume this would've been fairly easy to do with some of the PC FPS games like the original BattleField 1942 which encouraged user created mods. However, as cool as it would be to run around on campus in those games, something about that just doesn't sit right with me...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hope it doesn't include mediacom......hopefully it will be hooked up with a fsn network.

Just to be clear, it won't be an FSN because there is no FSN-Iowa. Not going to happen. The best we can hope for is Mediacom.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Just to be clear, it won't be an FSN because there is no FSN-Iowa. Not going to happen. The best we can hope for is Mediacom.

No but there is a FS-Midwest which I could see picking it up

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006

Reading Pollard's quote and knowing he's not in lateral/move backwards mode - ever. I would suggest that Mediacom is the least likely scenario. There is FS North, FS Midwest, there are alternate channels all over Direct TV. This is not something as simple as pushing down content to Mediacom. IMO.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia

Well if jp knows his audience he knows a large percentage of fans don't have that shotty cable company and to reach a national audience he gets with a fsn

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Reading Pollard's quote and knowing he's not in lateral/move backwards mode - ever. I would suggest that Mediacom is the least likely scenario. There is FS North, FS Midwest, there are alternate channels all over Direct TV. This is not something as simple as pushing down content to Mediacom. IMO.

This. I'd wager there will be a deal with FSN.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Yes, because of all the schools in the area, the first school FSN would pick out is Iowa State. Holy crap people. Mediacom makes infinitely more sense than any provider. Fox Sports isn't picking up Cyclones.tv to show volleyball and soccer games. Mediacom will pick it up so they can show games in this state, collect the advertising money, and not have to actually do anything besides pay a small fee.

Is there a chance I'm wrong? Absolutely. However, someone should be fired from their job at FSN if they pull the trigger on something like this unless of course we provide it for free.

Forgot about Kansas State. ****.

Last edited:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
If ISU is getting some kind of cable/satellite deal, it will be interesting to see whether CJL can continue to keep the VB replays off the network.