Announcement coming: "Cyclones.TV is the real deal"

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Just seeing your gridiron club avatar made me think of something...the AD should give cyclones.tv subscriptions to as many people that support the department that they can (I realize they may not be allowed to for the clubs like gridiron and wrestling since those aren't official university groups).

What do you think of my new avatar? :smile:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
JP is currently being interviewed on Murph and Andy on Kxno about this subject.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
That is bull ****. The Big 10 network exists because non-fans of those teams are forced to pay for it. Mediacom sucks and I would never switch from satellite to that garbage podunk excuse for a cable provider, no matter what. Don't get all high and mighty about how much more of a fan you think you are just because you throw your attitude around at everyone on here.
No, the Big 10 network makes a lot of money because non-fans of those teams are forced to pay for it, but it exists because of the vocal minority of fans that will protest and vote with their wallets if they do not get it.

Don't get all hurt and emotional. This is not about me versus you, but about ISU's fan-base not stacking up against our competition’s fan-bases.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Not do derail the thread here, but people were talking previously about ROKU. Has anybody tried Google TV? I figured since my family uses Android stuff, a Google TV "Buddy Box" might make more sense than an Apple TV box.

Edit: Since Google TV allows internet access via your TV, has anybody tried Cyclones.tv to see if streaming that way works? If so, A Google TV box will definitely be on my birthday list (X-mas list is already full).

Last edited:

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
It's a good step, HD would have been a home run though. I'm currently with Dish but had they launched in HD I'd be on the phone right now with Mediacom switching over.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Not do derail the thread here, but people were talking previously about ROKU. Has anybody tried Google TV? I figured since my family uses Android stuff, a Google TV "Buddy Box" might make more sense than an Apple TV box.

Edit: Since Google TV allows internet access via your TV, has anybody tried Cyclones.tv to see if streaming that way works? If so, A Google TV box will definitely be on my birthday list (X-mas list is already full).
I don't know if it will work or not but I do know anything that will work needs to be flash capable.