Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
I wonder if the Premium board looks at the free board speculation on this and laughs and says “They are waaaaay off!”
They are running to the free board letting everyone what they are ”hearing” from their “sources”.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
If Pollard keeps this guy, Pollard can leave. Absolutely no excuse to go for the threepeat, which Prohm will achieve given the chance.

For as much as we've disagreed with each other the last couple of seasons, sometimes quite strongly ;), I have to strongly agree with you here.

I listen to other posters write about shifting our focus to football now and the possible ramifications for Campbell leaving if JP does, and to a certain extent I can get that, but honestly, for as much as our FB is on the upswing, and as great as that is for long time Cyclone fans like you and I, I have to presume that casual college sports fans still probably recognize the words "Hilton Magic", and what that means more then they can recognize who Matt Campbell is. That's not to bag on Campbell, and I hope that's pretty obvious. I cried tears of joy after we won at Texas; I took the day off work so I could watch the Fiesta Bowl and I cried tears of joy after that game as well. But I grew up a Cyclone fan specifically because of Iowa State basketball, and I do feel that we are still known as a basketball school around the country.

Having good programs in both sports is not mutually exclusive, and we have every right as fans to have high expectations in both sports. If JP cannot recognize that, and/or cannot recognize how important it is for the overall culture of ISU Athletics to have a good, strong men's basketball program, then he needs to find a new place of employment. I'm totally with you on that.

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
Can anyone explain why Altman keeps coming up, and is seen as a viable candidate? Are there ties there? Did he mention ISU in an interview once? Likes the Ames Best Buy?
He loves Hickory Park & Great Plains?

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
If Prohm comes back, this years attendance will beat next years. Prohm is lucky this year had COVID-19. the booing would have been unbelievable.
Agree, Notre dame let their students in for the first time and they started chanting fire Mike Brey. I’m a student and I wouldn’t do that but I can’t imagine it wouldn’t happen at every game if more students were allowed into games.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If Prohm comes back, this years attendance will beat next years. Prohm is lucky this year had COVID-19. the booing would have been unbelievable.
He won’t be back primarily due to this. Jamie is smart enough to know that it’d be a death sentence for him. People would go to games for the sole purpose of saying something to Steve.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It’s funny the 1st couple years of prohm we were giving him credit for not over coaching and rocking the boat with that roster, but turns out that’s just who he was.

I think he had a couple of 'Oh Captain my Captain' moments to regain control with the first two groups but in the end you realize perhaps inconsistencies led to some players not really knowing where they stood.

Not everyone--I think there were players that had a strong bond with him.