Anyone hear GMac?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
This morning on Cotlar (although it wasn't Cotlar doing the interview). He was talking about Lucca's appeal yesterday and sounded very optimistic. Said that Pollard and Lucca did a great job of pleading their case and they expect to hear some news by today. He even said that he was "hopeful." Keeping my fingers crossed!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Great news, but until I see him on the court I'm not holding my breath. Can't take another let down!

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
He's continually stated that they're "hopeful" throughout the whole process but I don't think he probably meant it as any new found hope because of yesterday.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i hope they hear before 5.. that way if he can some how play i have time to go to ames.. other wise im playing basketball myself 2night

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
He's continually stated that they're "hopeful" throughout the whole process but I don't think he probably meant it as any new found hope because of yesterday.

That's not true. I have heard interviews in the past where he says that he is hopeful but doesn't feel good about their chances. This was completely different. He actually sounded quite positive

Also forgot to add that he thought the NCAA was going to get back to them last night with their decision. To me that is a very good sign

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Also forgot to add that he thought the NCAA was going to get back to them last night with their decision. To me that is a very good sign

That seems like an odd thing to say. Did they?

I doubt the NCAA would've contacted JP or whats his name in compliance, and nobody immediately called GMac.

Guessing they didn't (??)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Well, that and what another poster said about Lucca and Pollard looking very happy last night - would somewhat make sense.

I just know this much...I'm crossing my fingers and there is no way in hell I'm missing the game tonight.

ISU could be rolling out the ultimate surprise this evening a little after 7.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I hope all this optimism is rewarded.

But I have a hard time believing even if the appeal committee lowers the penalty, that they'll immediately reinstate him. Gut tells me he'd still be out a few games. Can't see the NCAA, or this committee, do anything that might even imply that the initial and first appeal decisions were unwarranted.

Hope I'm wrong - I just see a round 15 games or non-conference slate, if any change at all.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Well, that and what another poster said about Lucca and Pollard looking very happy last night - would somewhat make sense.

I just know this much...I'm crossing my fingers and there is no way in hell I'm missing the game tonight.

ISU could be rolling out the ultimate surprise this evening a little after 7.

I was on the fence about going to the game, as this is a busy week, until this morning when I read that they might have an answer today. I will be there.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Normally I agree but one of the ways they were planning to attack the ruling was to say that Lucca only played a certain number of games with the "professional" team after the rule was created. In order to avoid the ex post facto aspect of the suspension, I believe an eight game suspension would have been handed down. If so, Lucca would be eligible.

That being said, I'm hopeful but have been an Iowa State fan too long to let myself really get emotionally up.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
They did not get back to them last night, but he thought they would. He probably would not have thought they would unless there is a very good chance they realize their ruling is wrong and decided to change it

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
That's not true. I have heard interviews in the past where he says that he is hopeful but doesn't feel good about their chances. This was completely different. He actually sounded quite positive

Well apparently it's true that he's said he's hopeful throughout the entire process. Whether he sounded positive or not wasn't something I was talking about. I heard the asst. coach talking today, is that who you're talking about? I don't think that him talking about expecting a ruling very soon is necessarily a good sign. I immediately thought "great, that means they're just saying "no" to us right away and that's that."

mg4cy

Feb 5, 2007
Iowa
Chuck Reed (for Cotlar) on the radio this morning didn't sound too optimistic about the appeal. NCAA doesn't admit fault very often, if ever, on these rulings apparently.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The staff still hasn't heard anything but they'll continue to be optimistic. They don't have any reasons to be hopeful other than just being upbeat about it. They don't have any evidence about what the ruling will be.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Chuck Reed (for Cotlar) on the radio this morning didn't sound too optimistic about the appeal. NCAA doesn't admit fault very often, if ever, on these rulings apparently.

Chuck Reed may be right, but only because he tripped and fell in it. He is no insider and has no more information than any normal Joe. In fact, I would go so far as to say he is a joke.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Still confused and dazed.

Logically the rule was in effect for just last year? What was date the rule went into effect: 1 Jan 07? How many games did Lucca play after the rule was in effect?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Still confused and dazed.

Logically the rule was in effect for just last year? What was date the rule went into effect: 1 Jan 07? How many games did Lucca play after the rule was in effect?

Not sure, but the staff all along has been saying 8 games should be the suspension, so I think this is how many Lucca played in after the rule went into effect.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron