Anyone hear GMac?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I was on a jury last year, we took 15 min to figure out who was the foreman, and 10 min to convict the guy. The lawyers there said a quick verdict usually meant guilt, because everyone was in agreement quickly.

...and it's juries like you that hate guys like the guy from 12 Angry Men, Matlock, and Monk (and probably me as I haven't sat on a jury yet - where's that sheet of wood?) that completely throw the half hour conviction right out the window.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
I heard Jeff Rutter, but not GMac.

I heard Jeff Reuter as well (around 8:30 AM). Was Gmac on after Reuter? Odd that both of them would have been on the same morning.

Coach Reuter did seem a lot more positive than the coach I spoke with over the weekend. Maybe the conference call will work to change the mind of the evil empire known as the NCAA.

necromancy

Sep 11, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
I was on a jury last year, we took 15 min to figure out who was the foreman, and 10 min to convict the guy. The lawyers there said a quick verdict usually meant guilt, because everyone was in agreement quickly.
Yeah, you probably can't infer too much from the length of deliberation, other than it was an open-and-shut case, or not.

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames
kg-cyclone or cyfan13, any rumblings from the inside?

Haven't heard anything at all. Coaches said they would know by last night, but that didn't happen. So hopefully sometime today. I think the fact that it is taking longer than expected is a good thing. They are really taking the time to look at Lucca's side of the story, and didn't just dismiss the teleconference and assume the original ruling was right. Usually when a jury takes longer, the person is found innocent, so let's hope that's the case! I know other people said the opposite, but that's what I learned as a Political Science/Pre-Law major!

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
Maybe lucca will come running out of the Football helmet at halftime tonight:smile: will all the smoke and everything like when Chizik came to town

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron