AP moved us up #4

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The selection committee is a joke. They have no integrity. They have huge amounts of bias. They don't even follow their own stated criteria. They're too lazy to update the bracket based on games on Saturday and Sunday (except when they want to). They have no consistency in interpreting the data. Instead of following the weight of the evidence, they cherry pick pieces of evidence to support their fraudulent picks. I expected Iowa State to get screwed, and the committee certainly did everything they could to screw us hard. It won't work though because we're going to roll through this tournament. Go 'Clones!
Thought it was funny they had the SWAC commissioner on explaining criteria. WE HELP KEEP HALF YOUR PROGRAMS A FLOAT!!!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How can Iowa State be ranked fourth when there non-conference schedule sucked?

We have a fantastic SOS. #16 in the nation. UNC's was #32, not bad at all, but easier than Iowa State with the same win loss record.

96% of the NCAA played an easier schedule than ISU...and the committee says it was too easy. Well let's go to a 4 team playoff then if top 16 SOS is too easy, only teams with top 8 SOS get in.

It's bull$*** and it's going to screw the Big 12 regularly and basically force us to play harder schedule in and out of conference than any other league...the opposite of "load management" that dominates real pro sports.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Possibly the highly publicized Hilton South phenomenon bit us in the rear. The 3 tournament wins maybe were discounted because ISU had an unfair homecourt advantage(alluded to by Sampson). Total BS, but it might be another explanation besides the lame preconference weighting excuse. At any rate, if ISU gets past E8 somehow, it is all downhill from there. If I were TJ, I would tell them to avoid TV or internet usage and interviews until they are done. They don't need the added pressure messing with their concentration.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Possibly the highly publicized Hilton South phenomenon bit us in the rear. The 3 tournament wins maybe were discounted because ISU had an unfair homecourt advantage(alluded to by Sampson). Total BS, but it might be another explanation besides the lame preconference weighting excuse. At any rate, if ISU gets past E8 somehow, it is all downhill from there. If I were TJ, I would tell them to avoid TV or internet usage and interviews until they are done. They don't need the added pressure messing with their concentration.

Give those to us as home wins and we still have a better SOS than UNC and better quad 1 and quad 2 performance...definitely not SEVEN teams with better resumes even if you did that.

ISU had the #16 schedule strength out of 362 teams and they obsessed over how easy ISU's schedule was, it's just really stupid.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
The national title game could be in the Boston Elite 8. Getting 2000's vibes.
if UConn wins all of this year, I wonder if we can say UConn's National title shouldn't count because they get 4 home games.

That being said we did beat Wisconsin in their own state recently.

Reactions: clone2003 and isu83

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Not sure if you have been over on the uconn forums but they are just as mad to see us in their region as we are to be in theirs. This ISU team is feared and we are going to show the nation why that is the case
UConn got absolutely ****** over if they’re truly the #1 seeded team. They got murderer’s row in their regional bracket.

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas
Bilas is one of those guys who thinks he knows it all...but is more full of ******** than anything else.
99% of the time i'd agree but in one of his segments yesterday, Bilas did blast the emphasis on non-conference SOS. He said it was ridiculous. He was talking about why they left OU and PItt out of the tournament because of that, not in reference to ISU, but said the committee really needs to reconsider this emphasis in the future because they are leaving out and penalizing better teams for no reason.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
We have a fantastic SOS. #16 in the nation. UNC's was #32, not bad at all, but easier than Iowa State with the same win loss record.

96% of the NCAA played an easier schedule than ISU...and the committee says it was too easy. Well let's go to a 4 team playoff then if top 16 SOS is too easy, only teams with top 8 SOS get in.

It's bull$*** and it's going to screw the Big 12 regularly and basically force us to play harder schedule in and out of conference than any other league...the opposite of "load management" that dominates real pro sports.
Of course, my post was “tongue and cheek.” However, it begs the question, Why isn’t non-conference strength of schedule a consideration when selecting teams for the college football playoffs?

Maybe this has already been answered and I missed it.

Plus, how the hell did Michigan State get an at-large being 3-9 against Q1 teams and 6-5 against Q2 teams? I am starting to think the selection committee is totally corrupt.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
99% of the time i'd agree but in one of his segments yesterday, Bilas did blast the emphasis on non-conference SOS. He said it was ridiculous. He was talking about why they left OU and PItt out of the tournament because of that, not in reference to ISU, but said the committee really needs to reconsider this emphasis in the future because they are leaving out and penalizing better teams for no reason.
In his bracket breakdown he said something to the effect that if the tournament was played at Hilton we would win the natty. It was surprisingly complimentary.

I don’t think Bilas is dumb, just arrogant and very biased towards the ACC.

• Agree
Reactions: GotHops32

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
I might just have to send some strong stern letters to the selection committee. McClelland, Barnes, Cunningham, Coyle, Byrne, Gill, Collier, Newton, Westecill, Johnson and Baumgartner. I’d like to give them 2 cents of my mind but I’m coming up short.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
If
If JP was allowed to stay in the room, he might have pissed off enough members to get Cyclones sent somewhere other than Omaha
If Jamie was allowed to stay in the room, noting that he’s a super analytical numbers guy, we might have been looking for a new AD because his head may have exploded. When the announcement was made, I didn’t like our seed/location, but I assumed I could understand if I was given the thought process. The more info that comes out, the less I think the committee is made up of intelligent people. Perhaps they could also run for public office.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
The national title game could be in the Boston Elite 8. Getting 2000's vibes.
if UConn wins all of this year, I wonder if we can say UConn's National title shouldn't count because they get 4 home games.

That being said we did beat Wisconsin in their own state recently.
I truly believe we are better than anyone UConn faced last year…and I have doubts as to how useful their big man will be (if they make it that far).

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
If

If Jamie was allowed to stay in the room, noting that he’s a super analytical numbers guy, we might have been looking for a new AD because his head may have exploded. When the announcement was made, I didn’t like our seed/location, but I assumed I could understand if I was given the thought process. The more info that comes out, the less I think the committee is made up of intelligent people. Perhaps they could also run for public office.
His work should have been done on the front end. If he had the charisma or gravitas associated with his position, the other members should have been looking out for him in the end.

• Winner
Reactions: mynameisjonas

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Do bluebloods get penalized for having a strong fanbase following?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron