Are you buying the Taco Tech football hype?

Buying?

• Yes

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 100 83.3%

• Total voters

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
That and our drop 8 defense was allowing BOMBS over the top like Mahomes was still there. West Virgina too. Still had a chance to win both, which never should have been the case. That's how good Brock and Breece were.
That stretch in November of 21 was the worst a CMC defense ever looked. Bar none

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
How many times has this happened to ISU? we have to be the highlight of so many otherwise unremarkable careers at this point.
Add the Doege kid from WVU who torched us the same season and was beat out/transferred from a really bad Neal Brown WVU program.

Reactions: RezClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My issue is there’s a 0% chance our basketball team will be ranked when it had similar or greater success in prior two years and an even better recruiting/transfer class this year.

Or look at Hoiberg years when we brought in great transfers/recruits every year, usually finished 3rd to 5th every year, yet got picked 8th in a 10 team Big 12 every single time.

Why or how does Tech get this preseason love but not the objectively more successful ISU basketball program?

I actually like getting not noticed in Bb gives us a couple of more extra wins each season.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
If you look at techs recruiting, they have been doing much better than us since mcguire came into town. And of course Cover 3 bases most of their preseason sleepers based on recruiting rankings

One of many reasons why I don't watch Cover 3.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
One of many reasons why I don't watch Cover 3.
Well they are the best gambling podcast in season bar none. Their win totals over/under last year in each conference averaged out to be 10-5. Me made good money following their advice

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I didn't realize how little removed from being a high school coach McGuire is. Has only been in college for 6 years.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I generally agree, but 2016 had some uglies

After taking over a mess there were at least signs of some good things going on throughout the year. CMC knew what he was getting into but there's been smoke about how he still couldn't believe the lack of depth etc.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This is fantastic

Translation of BYU schedule...
Kansas Toucans
Cincinnati Tigers
TCU Lizards
Texas Tech Tricksters
Texas MFers (I improvised)
West Virginia Volunteers
Iowa State Really Strong Cardinals
Oklahoma Nobody Cares (!!!)
Oklahoma State Shooters
I envision Tech having an "Iowa State 2021" type of season.
I like the moniker a BYU fan unwittingly gave the RRaiders, calling them the Texas Tech Tricksters.

So, that's what it's gonna be for me, this year, until they prove who they are.

Reactions: ABECyguy

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That and the WVU game the same year are two of the biggest debacles of the CMC era
I legit remember thinking the game had passes Heacock by at that point. It was that bad.

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
I think I am buying the hype just a little. They will terrorize some teams with their offense, but teams like NC State last year, and Baylor, beat them up.

If a team has solid cover guys who can play man, and a decent dline, i think they can beat TT. not impressed with tech's running game or defense.