Are you cheering for or against iowa mbb this season?

Cheering for or against Iowa mbb this season?

• For Iowa, but only because it helps ISU

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • For Iowa because I cheer for both teams

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • **** Iowa

Votes: 245 92.8%

• Total voters

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I always root for teams we've beat to not only boost our SOS, but the league's. If Uconn and Iowa play well it only helps us and makes those losses look better.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Again, didn't realized they played last night until I read this thread which puts me in the ICCLAI camp -- I could care less about Iowa

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
At this point, it makes no sense to root for Iowa. Our schedule gives us tons of chances for wins that would make the loss to them meaningless, you can argue we have already won multiple big 12 games that have done so. If we were 0-4 or 1-3 right now, maybe its a different story.

Plus I can't think of any time a team was left out of the tourney for losing a rivalry road game to a p6 opponent.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The other thing I was commenting to the ether on toward the end of that Michigan @ Iowa game was the "offense". Michigan especially was running no offense unless you count trying to dribble one on one while your four teammates stand and watch then passing to a teammate so everyone can watch him try to go one on one - repeat to the end of the shot clock and jack a terrible long range contested shot. I can't remember seeing any Big 12 team be that offensive offensively if you know what I mean.

Well, not since Steve Prohm left

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
They can do well, I don't really care, but I want to see a big Fran meltdown in the first round of the tournament as they lose to Eastern Tennessee Tech. I just don't like that man.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
What season I want for Iowa is tough. On one hand, watching them pound their chests about NIT bids is quite fun. On the other, Fran shitting his pants in the tournament is amazing too

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
There’s a thread on Iowa’s Rivals site where they are claiming Iowa basketball is more successful than Iowa State’s program, can’t make this stuff up.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I guess at this point for this year I'd like to see them do just well enough to miss out on the Tournament, then give them what they really want... The chance to win the national championship in the NIT.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not so much "against" as just not "for" as in don't usually give a ****. Was watching them in the 1970 NCAA's with the other Dana House guys and cheering "for" them. They had a good team, still can probably name some of that starting five, and ISU didn't even play them. I was a newly minted HUGE fan of Cyclone basketball but there was no real rivalry. Different league and we didn't even play each other. We did play Drake so that was different. Drake was good than.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
There is not a possible scenario that I would ever want iowa to win in anything against anyone.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
At this point, it makes no sense to root for Iowa. Our schedule gives us tons of chances for wins that would make the loss to them meaningless, you can argue we have already won multiple big 12 games that have done so. If we were 0-4 or 1-3 right now, maybe its a different story.

Plus I can't think of any time a team was left out of the tourney for losing a rivalry road game to a p6 opponent.

In December.

Early December.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Again, didn't realized they played last night until I read this thread which puts me in the ICCLAI camp -- I could care less about Iowa
You "couldn't" care less you mean. If you could care less, you probably would then.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyrocks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron