Are you cheering for or against iowa mbb this season?

Cheering for or against Iowa mbb this season?

• For Iowa, but only because it helps ISU

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • For Iowa because I cheer for both teams

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • **** Iowa

Votes: 245 92.8%

• Total voters

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I never actively root for Iowa, vs. anyone.

On rare occasions, I might be OK with UI winning a specific game vs. someone I despise in general, for whatever reason (it can vary by sport) or maybe if it somehow has measurable benefit for ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: davegilbertson

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I hope they lose every game forever. I hope that loss on our schedule looks like the worst loss in the history of basketball come March.
Agree 100% but they are so ******* lucky not only will they make the tourney, they will somehow end up in DM

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones01

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If they suck it hurts ISU for potential tourney seeding
if they are good it helps ISU for potential tourney seeding (but that hurts the soul)

this is the first season I have considered rooting for Iowa in the name of helping ISU. I'm conflicted. normally i am squarely on the **** iowa at any and all costs. maybe it is because that iowa loss was so lopsided it wasn't even really painful like a close loss would have been.

**** Iowa.

If we have to rely on them winning games to get in the tournament then we don't deserve to be in the tournament.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We are finding out just how good the hawks can be when Fran doesn't have the option of playing more than one of his family members 30 mpg. The guys are playing a lot more loosely and freely.

Get better soon, Patrick.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I just don’t see that game moving the seed needle at all at this point. It’s good to be in the Big 12 in basketball.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
We are finding out just how good the hawks can be when Fran doesn't have the option of playing more than one of his family members 30 mpg. The guys are playing a lot more loosely and freely.

Get better soon, Patrick.

Interesting dynamic, kid has a lot of sympathy for his cancer ordeal and appearing to be the only "good" McCaffery.

Something tells me this story expands.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I won't ever root for them, but I guess if they win, at least there's a little bit of a silver lining. I'd rather not have a Q2 loss.

1961Cylones

Aug 18, 2021
I can't really cheer for EIU but realistically, if they're middle of the road I doubt it would have much effect either way. However, if they can knock down a couple/three of the top dogs and we stay in the upper tier for the entire regular season and conference tourneys, it could help us grab a better seed closer to home, (can you say Wells Fargo in DM?).

Otherwise, I couldn't give a **** if they get out of bed in the morning...

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
My dream season for Hok MBB is to make it to the tourney only to lose in the first weekend.

Bonus points if the mascot of the team they lose to an insect or arachnid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron