Are you cheering for or against iowa mbb this season?

Cheering for or against Iowa mbb this season?

• For Iowa, but only because it helps ISU

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • For Iowa because I cheer for both teams

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • **** Iowa

Votes: 245 92.8%

• Total voters

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
For me it's kind of like when you are having a hard time making a decision so you flip a coin and see in that moment whether you are hoping for "heads" or "tails".

I try to root for them knowing it will help our metrics. But I'll be damned if when that last 3 in regulation by Sandfort was up in the air I wasn't hoping he missed it. I just can't do it-- I can't root for them.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
For me it's kind of like when you are having a hard time making a decision so you flip a coin and see in that moment whether you are hoping for "heads" or "tails".

I try to root for them knowing it will help our metrics. But I'll be damned if when that last 3 in regulation by Sandfort was up in the air I wasn't hoping he missed it. I just can't do it-- I can't root for them.
Even if it's going to cost me a bet.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
They only have to stay in the top 75 Net ranking right and they're currently at 38? Lots of opportunities to say **** Iowa and still not hurt the Cyclones.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Iowa has probably now avoided a last place in big ten type of season which is the only way it was really going to hurt ISU. We have so many Q1 games that it’s not like we need them to be good. It actually makes more sense for them to keep pulling for ISU because we’re kind of the opposite of their EIU loss and they are on bubble unlike ISU.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'm in the "Never root for Iowa" camp. If they do well it helps us but that said I still get glee out of them losing. We will have a good enough resume come tourney time that I don't think it will affect us one way or the other. Unless they really crap the bed and it ends up being a Q3 or Q4 loss, but I don't see that happening.

Watched the game last night Iowa stepped up big in the end, but Juan Howard is a terrible game coach. Had a 7 point lead and last 3 possessions didn't even get a shot off. Milked the shot clock down to 7-8 seconds and then tried to run a play.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
I do both, but mostly I really don't care if they win or lose. I am not a big fan of their style and type of play. So much more interesting watching anyone else in the Big12. I like to see them play well, but it doesn't make me feel terrible if they don't. If they have players and coaches who start to act like A**ho*** during a game, it tends to make me cheer against them.

It's like watching NASCAR or Hockey, waiting for the wreck and the fights.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If they suck it hurts ISU for potential tourney seeding
if they are good it helps ISU for potential tourney seeding (but that hurts the soul)

this is the first season I have considered rooting for Iowa in the name of helping ISU. I'm conflicted. normally i am squarely on the **** iowa at any and all costs. maybe it is because that iowa loss was so lopsided it wasn't even really painful like a close loss would have been.
**** Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm in the "Never root for Iowa" camp. If they do well it helps us but that said I still get glee out of them losing. We will have a good enough resume come tourney time that I don't think it will affect us one way or the other. Unless they really crap the bed and it ends up being a Q3 or Q4 loss, but I don't see that happening.

Watched the game last night Iowa stepped up big in the end, but Juan Howard is a terrible game coach. Had a 7 point lead and last 3 possessions didn't even get a shot off. Milked the shot clock down to 7-8 seconds and then tried to run a play.
THANK YOU! I was hollering at the TV (and Mrs. Velo) that it is fine to milk the clock but you gotta give yourself time to get a good shot. They were even milking the clock when up by 2 with still a ton of time left. I couldn't believe how stupid they were being.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I've grown completely indifferent about Big10 basketball. It's basically at a high school level compared to the Big12, so it's just hard to watch. So I'm definitely not hunting out the Big10 network on a Sunday afternoon to watch Iowa.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
The Big 10 has some ELITE individual players. But the coaching leaves A LOT to be desired. No Scott Drew's, Bill Self's in the league

Izzo isn't what he used to be, Holtmann doesn't have success in March, Painter is really good but not ELITE...

What has happened to Izzo???
1673645669093.png

irish

Sep 1, 2006
Ames IA
**** Iowa, never would pull for them. But I do want them to do just enough to keep Fran employed there forever. Perfect representative of that place and its fans.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan92

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've grown completely indifferent about Big10 basketball. It's basically at a high school level compared to the Big12, so it's just hard to watch. So I'm definitely not hunting out the Big10 network on a Sunday afternoon to watch Iowa.
The other thing I was commenting to the ether on toward the end of that Michigan @ Iowa game was the "offense". Michigan especially was running no offense unless you count trying to dribble one on one while your four teammates stand and watch then passing to a teammate so everyone can watch him try to go one on one - repeat to the end of the shot clock and jack a terrible long range contested shot. I can't remember seeing any Big 12 team be that offensive offensively if you know what I mean.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Should have been a public poll. I wanna know who these puds are that cheer for Iowa.