Arizona State AD Ray Anderson steps down..

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
Unless I missed something, did anyone in Utah’s AD or any actual university representatives say anything that “bad” about the Big 12 outside of denying rumors (which everyone was)?

It seems the butt hurt against Utah is because of their vocal fan base on twitter and that’s about it.

Now on the other hand, ASU was very vocal even the day after the merger about how they didn’t want to go the Big 12.

Utah’s head coach bemoaned the Big 12 after joining by saying that they’ll be gone in 2-5 years.

But your overall point remains. Most of the administrative flames came from ASU.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Reactions: SeventhSon

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Utah’s head coach bemoaned the Big 12 after joining by saying that they’ll be gone in 2-5 years.

But your overall point remains. Most of the administrative flames came from ASU.
I guess I don’t read anything crazy in that article outside of him speculating that in 5 years that things will start moving again, which we all kind of expect. He never says they’ll be gone.

We need good football programs to elevate the perception of the conference and I’m glad Utah will be in the new Big 12.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
I guess I don’t read anything crazy in that article outside of him speculating that in 5 years that things will start moving again, which we all kind of expect. He never says they’ll be gone.

We need good football programs to elevate the perception of the conference and I’m glad Utah will be in the new Big 12.
I agree that I'm glad we added Utah. While they may not be as explicit with their elitism as ASU, it's still there. They just don't seem to be excited to be here.

I mean, Arizona had hype videos ready to drop pretty much the second it became official. Haven't seen that same enthusiasm from the Utah administration, and certainly not the fan base as you mentioned. Hopefully once the season is done and everyone has digested it all, they'll officially come in excited and unified,

Regardless of their attitudes, the conference is still certainly better off having both of them in it..

Help Support Us

Become a patron