Audi Crooks commits to Iowa State

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
The Iowa fans comments on her exactly why I never can cheer for them. I try but it just can’t happen. Mad Fran, bulldog blunder bluder, Brian Ferentz, brands brothers, and 90 pct of their fans make it impossible. The Iowa fans excuse on this one. She would slow down their offense. She wouldn’t be able to keep up with Clark. She would slow down Clark’s flow. They are so embarrassing!!
Iowa fans would also rather have Clark shoot 30 times a game rather than have the most efficient player in the country take a few more shots. How does Iowa not give Czinano a higher usage rate?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
The Iowa fans comments on her exactly why I never can cheer for them. I try but it just can’t happen. Mad Fran, bulldog blunder bluder, Brian Ferentz, brands brothers, and 90 pct of their fans make it impossible. The Iowa fans excuse on this one. She would slow down their offense. She wouldn’t be able to keep up with Clark. She would slow down Clark’s flow. They are so embarrassing!!

We said the same thing about 7’ bigs with Hoiberg.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhoISthis

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah, not worried about small school competition. She plays AAU and there is no way someone becomes a top 60 recruit by dominating small school Iowa basketball only.
Of course. I do think if you are the unicorn post that actually plays like a post in AAU, though, you are going to have an advantage. Obviously she's playing top talent, but everybody pretty much plays like a PG or wing, and the gameplanning things that can give a post headaches are pretty tough to try to implement in an AAU format. As an example, my daughter played with a girl that is now a solid DII player. Rotation player on a good D2 team as a Fr. but she would dominate a lot of future D1 players in AAU because she was one of the only traditional post players that was super physical and lived on the block.

Now, she plays on CY Select, which I remember my daughter playing against them, and they were pick you up full court, push pace all the time. I'm not sure if all their teams are like that, but she's going to run the floor better than people think.

The only time she seemed to have any problems with the pace was last year against N-F when they were playing like 14-15 girls, and subbing them in 4 and 5 at a time to press and run on EVERYTHING, while Crooks was playing pretty much every minute.

Also in regards to competition I think Garrigan played Valley either this year or last and I think it was like a 2 point loss. I might have dreamt that though.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I'm excited to think of what she add to the team defensively. To have a presence like that in the lane against teams that have strong post players will be huge.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Also in regards to competition I think Garrigan played Valley either this year or last and I think it was like a 2 point loss. I might have dreamt that though.
Your dream is on YouTube:

Valley won 58-54 @ Valley. Crooks had 20 points (9-10 FG, 2-5 FT), 10 reb, 2 blk, 2 stl, 1 ast

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I'm watching this now. She absolutely dominates the beginning of the game despite constant double-teams by Valley. But I recommend checking out the Garrigan possession starting at 39:45, where she has a couple of really nice passes.
The fact that she's already looking for open teammates on the perimeter from the post is really nice to see. She doesn't have to be dominant but attracting any defensive attention will generate open looks for what I will imagine to still be a team with a lot of threats from deep.

Reactions: loyalsons4evertrue

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I'm watching this now. She absolutely dominates the beginning of the game despite constant double-teams by Valley. But I recommend checking out the Garrigan possession starting at 39:45, where she has a couple of really nice passes.
Really nice outlet at 1:00:30

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm excited to think of what she add to the team defensively. To have a presence like that in the lane against teams that have strong post players will be huge.

The psychological aspect of having the tallest/biggest person on the floor seems like it’s still alive and well at the college level in women’s basketball.

Reactions: loyalsons4evertrue

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
This announcement put a big smile on my face this morning. Now I’m hoping to see her develop through hard work and the attentions of the Cyclone coaching staff. Lots of potential here. If Zingaro continues to develop we will actually have some depth for several years.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Never mind that they would only play together one year (Clark's senior year). I can't see Clark taking the extra year. She will (and should) probably go to the WNBA after four.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I'm glad to hear this. Her dad was such a good guy.
I know someone that is close with her and the family. They are equally impressed with her as a person as much as an athlete. And she is a competitor. Small school? She does just fine in AAU. Also, can you imagine an ISU team with a post presence and depth where when she is out ISU goes to a press and fast break offense?

Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee