Audi Crooks commits to Iowa State

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
Girl can pass too! Dang, she is like a cement cylinder in the lane, which seems to work in women's basketball.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The Iowa fans comments on her exactly why I never can cheer for them. I try but it just can’t happen. Mad Fran, bulldog blunder bluder, Brian Ferentz, brands brothers, and 90 pct of their fans make it impossible. The Iowa fans excuse on this one. She would slow down their offense. She wouldn’t be able to keep up with Clark. She would slow down Clark’s flow. They are so embarrassing!!

Clark would be a senior when she’s a freshman. That doesn’t even make sense.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

jdolson27

May 23, 2015
Clark would be a senior when she’s a freshman. That doesn’t even make sense.
Trust me I know but when do many of their opinions make sense. Few comments on different social media platforms including Twitter.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Well here we are Crooks onboard and the only downside is she may have to be given time to adjust to D-1. Few players are set from the get-go but Audi has the tools, the skills, and the right attitude to be a force for our team for four solid years. With some great guards, we will also have height in the future.

One thing which I know has happened before but find interesting is the 2023 Commits are listed as five different positions.

Audi-Post
Brown-Wing
Bristow-Forward
Joens-Guard
Jackson-Shooting Guard/Combo

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
She won’t be able to play college basketball in her current condition. She will have to lose some weight . At the state tournament she struggled on defense . Her offensive game is fantastic. Strength and conditioning program will do her wonders I hope.
My similar post was removed. Excellent observation

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
My similar post was removed. Excellent observation

Strange they would remove that post. If we said the same thing about a male football player or male basketball player it would not be removed. We are talking about athletes. This has always been part of athletic talk. Heck someone posts the weight of all the football players every year

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
She won’t be able to play college basketball in her current condition. She will have to lose some weight . At the state tournament she struggled on defense . Her offensive game is fantastic. Strength and conditioning program will do her wonders I hope.
D1 WBB has it's fair share of overweight athletes. But I would agree she'd have difficulty playing in our system in her current condition. Honestly at her age she could likely drop 50 pounds of bad weight over a few months.

Reactions: Drew0311

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
There's a big difference between saying someone should work on conditioning and someone should lose weight, especially when the latter isn't even necessarily true. Size is a huge advantage in the post -- if she can come to ISU with upgraded conditioning while at the same size, that's a win-win.

As to what needs to be accomplished to improve conditioning, that's best left up to the coaches/family who actually know her situation, not armchair nutritionists who like to tell 16-year-old girls to lose weight

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
There's a big difference between saying someone should work on conditioning and someone should lose weight, especially when the latter isn't even necessarily true. Size is a huge advantage in the post -- if she can come to ISU with upgraded conditioning while at the same size, that's a win-win.

As to what needs to be accomplished to improve conditioning, that's best left up to the coaches/family who actually know her situation, not armchair nutritionists who like to tell 16-year-old girls to lose weight
Not to derail the thread too much but I feel like all the "it's the same thing as saying it about a football recruit" are also way off base. Not that young men don't also feel pressures with their weight, but it's apples and oranges between a guy who plays football in highschool and a girl who plays basketball.

Anyway, I'm excited for Audi to be a Cyclone and think she'll do great here.

Reactions: GoodyISU1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well here we are Crooks onboard and the only downside is she may have to be given time to adjust to D-1. Few players are set from the get-go but Audi has the tools, the skills, and the right attitude to be a force for our team for four solid years. With some great guards, we will also have height in the future.

One thing which I know has happened before but find interesting is the 2023 Commits are listed as five different positions.

Audi-Post
Brown-Wing
Bristow-Forward
Joens-Guard
Jackson-Shooting Guard/Combo

Well if there was a recruiting class per-season tournament we would be set. ;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I learned over 30 years ago not to make too many assumptions based on physical build. I was an okay runner and used to pick out "the next person to pass" but in the Lowry Hill 5 Mile (hilly!) I chased this short stocky gal I thought I'd pass in a few hundred feet and ended up chasing her for a couple of miles. I only passed her on the finishing downhill because she was just a little slower than me on the downhill.

Last edited:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Audi is a big girl. Always has been from those who know her best. She knows how to maneuver her size and assert her position. IMO it is an asset as she is a force. I am not too concerned about Audi. Her attitude and work ethic are outstanding. I think the the “Iowa State Way” had a big influence. Lady Cyclones have a chemistry. And these five talented recruits will be a lot of fun to watch. Fennelly may never retire. I like it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron