B12 Board

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Brand wise, we’re going to be the bottom feeder, at least on paper. But we took Duke to the wire in the tourney in 2018 and have been a decent team as of late. We also signed a top 100 player this class. However I think it’ll take us some time to adjust, and we’ll be a punching bag for a bit.
I loved watching Taco. You guys should have beaten Duke.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Brand wise, we’re going to be the bottom feeder, at least on paper. But we took Duke to the wire in the tourney in 2018 and have been a decent team as of late. We also signed a top 100 player this class. However I think it’ll take us some time to adjust, and we’ll be a punching bag for a bit.

I know all these mergers are are based on FB, but a lot of us Cyclone fans are pretty solid basketball fans because for a lot of years that was all we had. :)

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
I loved watching Taco. You guys should have beaten Duke.
That was probably the most deflated I’ve been after a game ever. Nobody expected that and all we heard before the game was how Zion was going to dunk on Taco, and we were so close to pulling it off. Ugh, gives me PTSD just thinking about it hahaha.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
I know all these mergers are are based on FB, but a lot of us Cyclone fans are pretty solid basketball fans because for a lot of years that was all we had. :)
UCF fans actually do show up and pack the arena when our team is really good, but due to football, if our team is mediocre, we have a really hard time attracting fans. Hoping B12 basketball teams can help with that, as the only teams in the AAC our fans cared about was Cincy, Memphis, Houston, and UConn. Sometimes usf because of the rivalry, but they suck. We aren’t a horrendous program though. Pretty decent arena with a decent brand and decent fanbase when we’re good.

Reactions: NWICY

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
UCF fans actually do show up and pack the arena when our team is really good, but due to football, if our team is mediocre, we have a really hard time attracting fans. Hoping B12 basketball teams can help with that, as the only teams in the AAC our fans cared about was Cincy, Memphis, Houston, and UConn. Sometimes usf because of the rivalry, but they suck. We aren’t a horrendous program though. Pretty decent arena with a decent brand and decent fanbase when we’re good.

Iowa State is notorious for going on the road to half empty stadiums and losing.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
Didn't you guys get screwed out of beating a #1 seed Duke in the tournament a few years ago?

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Once you're in the B12 if we maintain our status as the best league that could do wonders for UCF's basketball recruiting. ISU even takes advantage of our much smaller isolation by recruiting the northern midwest harder than any other B12 school, UCF could do the same in the SE.

Reactions: NWICY and peteypie

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Basketball is much easier to be good. With all the talent in FL, you should not have an issue.

If you can go from MAC to Big 12 is such a short time based on football, basketball is not an issue

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
So is UCF like Northern Iowa where the are mostly iowa fans? So for you FSU or UF fans?
A while ago I would’ve said yes, but most of our fanbase is loyal to UCF first. We’ve come a long way in 30 years. Especially for football, it’s now mostly diehard UCF fans and the amount of gator or fsu fans is very small. Basketball is mostly the same way, except our fanbase doesn’t care about it as much as football, so we rely more on bandwagon fans when we’re good. Although they do show up.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Once you're in the B12 if we maintain our status as the best league that could do wonders for UCF's basketball recruiting. ISU even takes advantage of our much smaller isolation by recruiting the northern midwest harder than any other B12 school, UCF could do the same in the SE.
The last few years we’ve actually surprisingly recruited pretty well, got some 4 stars and high 3 stars, and we even have a 5 star from Orlando on our roster. But with Dawkins it seems that except for that one magical year, we always have a high floor and low ceiling, no matter how talented the team. This is Dawkins make or break year. If he doesn’t make the tourney or at least the NIT, he’s gone.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
The last few years we’ve actually surprisingly recruited pretty well, got some 4 stars and high 3 stars, and we even have a 5 star from Orlando on our roster. But with Dawkins it seems that except for that one magical year, we always have a high floor and low ceiling, no matter how talented the team. This is Dawkins make or break year. If he doesn’t make the tourney or at least the NIT, he’s gone.
Good, you can promise a better contract to your next coach with B12 money. There should be a ton of opportunity to become a basketball power in Florida right now. UF and FSU aren't great, Miami is but Larranaga is old and was on the hot seat before their run this year. He can't have much time left. That leaves UCF a nice vacuum if you find a coach who can take advantage of it.

Reactions: BraveKnight

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
A while ago I would’ve said yes, but most of our fanbase is loyal to UCF first. We’ve come a long way in 30 years. Especially for football, it’s now mostly diehard UCF fans and the amount of gator or fsu fans is very small. Basketball is mostly the same way, except our fanbase doesn’t care about it as much as football, so we rely more on bandwagon fans when we’re good. Although they do show up.

Nice I was jist asking.

• Dumb
Reactions: kcbob79clone