BarnTown Sticky Juice

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
From what I've been hearing that seems more like a Florida problem. The craft beer scene isn't nearly as big as it is in the northern states. Kind of strange.
Ya maybe so, I find it is more widespread than just here however.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Just from my travels like a 4-6 hour drive Iowa/central Iowa is doing a great job with excellent craft beer.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Just from my travels like a 4-6 hour drive Iowa/central Iowa is doing a great job with excellent craft beer.

Living in northeast Iowa, I'm routinely in awe of the caliber of beer being produced up here, given the remoteness and small population. Winneshiek County has to have one of the highest breweries per capita rankings in the country.

But at this point, there's really good beer being made all over the state.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Living in northeast Iowa, I'm routinely in awe of the caliber of beer being produced up here, given the remoteness and small population. Winneshiek County has to have one of the highest breweries per capita rankings in the country.

Al I love Decorah pulpit and TG that area is a little slice of heaven.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
If anyone is in Lincoln NE, Boiler Brewing is a place to check out. Amazing beers there. Their mosaic doubles are insane.
Also make things you wouldn't think would work but are awesome.
I'm going there Sat to pick up some more growlers.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Barn Town has a new dneipa called Make the Galaxy Hazy Again that’s very good. I think I may like it better than Sticky Juice.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Girlfriend and I are spending a day in Decorah in Sept. Any recommendations on places to camp that would be within biking distance of the breweries?

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Girlfriend and I are spending a day in Decorah in Sept. Any recommendations on places to camp that would be within biking distance of the breweries?

Pulpit Rock campground. Pulpit Rock brewery is right next to the Trout Run Trail and an easy ride from the campground. About a block away is the old TG which is now called Dixie’s Biergarten and has a good variety of craft beer. The new TG is not really a bike friendly ride. It’s about five or so miles from the campground to the east and right off highway 9.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Stopped into The Library today and was over joyed to find sticky juice on tap. Feel like that was a god thing, stuff is my absolute favorite.

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
They sold them again for their 4 year anniversary, grabbed 12 of them. Still as good as the original. They have been killing it since covid with all of the 4 pack releases.
Stopped into The Library today and was over joyed to find sticky juice on tap. Feel like that was a god thing, stuff is my absolute favorite.

Reactions: Cyclone06

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron