Baylor vs Iowa for all the marbles in NIT Gamethread On ESPN @ 8 PM

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
Iowa will win by double digits. Not going to watch, and you shouldn't either - unless you like watching two below average teams play for a meaningless title.

well, iowa did beat us. although i hate everything about iowa, if they were in the big 12 they probably would have made the dance. if we can play that card for football, they can play it in bball.

regardless, i hope iowa loses by 40.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Iowa WILL NOT be a bubble team next year. They will get in pretty comfortably, IMO.

Sure they bring guys back, but I just don't see their ceiling being much more than it is right now. We'll see.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
well, iowa did beat us. although i hate everything about iowa, if they were in the big 12 they probably would have made the dance. if we can play that card for football, they can play it in bball.

regardless, i hope iowa loses by 40.

This is so stupid and typical of our stupid fans. Iowa played an easy schedule in the Big 10. They played Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan once. Their conference schedule was very similar to our conference schedule. Maybe a tiny bit tougher, but we won 2 more games than them.

And for god's sake, why do we keep bringing up the fact that they beat us? That's fine. They won. Does Texas Tech beating us make them better than Iowa State? What about TCU and Kansas? We played poorly. Iowa played well.

The teams are similar, but I don't think we have to act like they are as good as Iowa State was this year. Or that just because they beat us, they are the better team.

Iowa fans are happy with their NIT run. That's cool. I would be too. But their season was not better than ours.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
So far, shots that have been falling the previous 4 games aren't falling right now. Hopefully for the Hawks this has a start and finish like the Indiana State game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Sure they bring guys back, but I just don't see their ceiling being much more than it is right now. We'll see.

Plus what about the schedule. They can't possibily get 3 of the best teams only once again, can they?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

This is what I am thinking too... plus they won't have as easy of a schedule next year. Isn't possible, that cupcake preseason and the easiest road in the Big 10. They can make it but it won't be easily.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
7 of their 12 loses were by less then 5 points. If they even won 2 of those 7 games, they are easily in the NCAA Tourney this season. They are young and return a lot...those players will be a year older and wiser. On top of that, then are bringing in much better talent they is going out. Iowa makes the tourney next year.

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
Baylor being Baylor. They had the talent this year to play and win a few games in the Dance. Instead they are playing the Hoks in the NIT Championship.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
7 of their 12 loses were by less then 5 points. If they even won 2 of those 7 games, they are easily in the NCAA Tourney this season. They are young and return a lot...those players will be a year older and wiser. On top of that, then are bringing in much better talent they is going out. Iowa makes the tourney next year.

They also didn't have to play Michigan, Michigan State, or Ohio State more than one time.

I doubt they'll get a double dose of Nebby, Penn State, Purdue, and Northwestern again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron