Baylor vs Iowa for all the marbles in NIT Gamethread On ESPN @ 8 PM

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Heslip is a terrible defender. I have no idea why he plays this much.

Oh yeah, Scott Drew.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Too funny watching both huddles. Baylor couldn't care less. Iowa is acting like they're in the NCAA national championship.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I bet Fran runs practice like Rutgers did. minus the racial slurs for multiple reasons.

You know, watching that first timeout, and how they played clips of Fran's huddle when they came back, I was wondering if anyone (other than us random message board posters) will make that comparison. He was getting pretty worked up in that first one. The players just stood there trying not to make eye contact. Not that I'm saying Fran is that guy, but you know how sometimes things get heightened scruitiny because of a headline making incident.

And before someone says that CPR has passion, I have seen CPR scream, but I don't recall seeing him scream at players directly (other than maybe one comment as they walk by him).

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Sure they bring guys back, but I just don't see their ceiling being much more than it is right now. We'll see.

I don't think they have the talent to win the B1G or anything, but do think they'll get in comfortably. Marble playing a consistent season, Oglesby shooting a bit better, and some normal improvement from Woodbury should make a good difference for them.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
It amazes me that Baylor has won a single game in this tourney. They are completely bored.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Looking at this with ISU glasses...
Woodbury is really helping to elevate Austin's NBA draft stock this first half.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
They also didn't have to play Michigan, Michigan State, or Ohio State more than one time.

I doubt they'll get a double dose of Nebby, Penn State, Purdue, and Northwestern again.

Iowa lost to the top 5 teams in the Big 10 by an average score of 71-64. Take away that Michigan blowout and its an average score of 68-63. Iowa did pretty good against the top teams in the Big 10 this season, and those teams shouldn't be near as good as they were this season, while Iowa should be much better.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
You know, watching that first timeout, and how they played clips of Fran's huddle when they came back, I was wondering if anyone (other than us random message board posters) will make that comparison. He was getting pretty worked up in that first one. The players just stood there trying not to make eye contact. Not that I'm saying Fran is that guy, but you know how sometimes things get heightened scruitiny because of a headline making incident.

And before someone says that CPR has passion, I have seen CPR scream, but I don't recall seeing him scream at players directly (other than maybe one comment as they walk by him).

I would be shocked if anyone said a word, but if a freshman bails out like Haluska did, there might be something behind it. CPR give plenty of grief to the officials, but I do not recall him chewing out players like that. Fran does it nearly every game, and is "old school".

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Anyone catch the ref telling White "don't try it" when he dove after Wooodbury's first free throw?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
You know the commentators couldn't care less about this game when they are sitting around telling life stories.

Help Support Us

Become a patron