Beard to West Virginia

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You don't see our guys shoving people in the back when the ball goes up because they know the refs aren't looking. Huggy literally coaches them how to commit rough fouls without getting caught. It's not the Hanson brothers, but its close. Its not the same as ISU, UVa, Wisky, etc.
ISU wins because they dirty it up on the defensive end. Games are arduous to watch for the casual fan. Bump & grind. That's not bad. It's just how the Clones manage to win a lot of games. As opposed to, say, the mayor's days in Ames as they run & gun to victory.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: CloneLawman

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
He probably goes back to a lower level or coaches in D league or Europe for a couple years. Then makes a return after it’s been awhile and he goes through some counseling, says his sorrys etc.

Reactions: Cyclones8824

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Larry Eustachy could help Beard get back on track.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It's sad if true, or even if WV would consider it. I'd rather not see him ever again, let alone in the B12.

And I hope Huggy retires soon. I hate his brand of BB.

Reactions: VeloClone

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Even with the charges dropped, Chris Beard is a walking PR nightmare....I'm sure he'll eventually make his way back up down the road, but I have a hard time believing that any major program will hire him right now