Beer of the Week

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Budvar, can't find it here but it is the origination of Budweiser. It's a czech beer that's a 'major' beer in the Czech. But I digress, AH is my major brabd of choice here, so it's a no brainer. I drank a lot of Stella Artois overseas too, now it's finally hitting our area. But the best beer of all time is a Guinness product called Kilkenny's. You can't get it here, but it's a Red Irish stout similar in look to Guinnes but it tastes like mother's milk. God I love it!

Budvar can be found all over the place. An excellent lager.

Because I'm more of a foriegn beer advocate I'll go with Paulaner Hefe Weizen as a recomendation, first tried it well in Germany and while not my favorite beer overall I know I've seen it in a resturant or two and in Hyvee on occasion.

Paulaner Hefe is quite common. Most decent grocery stores carry it, and you can get it on tap at the Hessen Haus.

I don't drink, but how about some Spotted Cow or Fat Squirrel by New Glarus Brewing Company? Like I said, I don't drink, but the names make me laugh when I see one of their delivery trucks in town.

LINK

Spotted Cow is ok. Nothing to write home about. You can drink worse beer, though, that's for sure. You have to get up north a ways to get it though.

Aldude505

Jan 19, 2008
Iowa Falls
As long as we do this all in the name of science im in...just kidding anywhere where you can drink beer and talk about it is a good place!