Best Campustown Bars by Decade

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When was Wallaby's up by the Mall? Are you thinking of Diamond Dave's? Seems like everybody had a bartender friend there.
Around 90. Before that (or I could have them flipped) it was out by the keg shop/McDonald’s on west Lincoln.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Capones had a nice semester run then I don’t know what happened.
I also observed the same. It hit a point where I just ended up at Cafe B for a few shots of Starry Night and an inappropriate amount of Long Islands. If able from there it was either up to Welch Ave Station by way of a Super Dog or Paddys by way of the gyroman. On occasion a fishbowl or two at Element was the starter for the night.
2005 to 2009 bar scene.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Wednesday night all you can drink mug night at The Dean’s List

Thursday night all you can drink at Hunky Dory’s (not campus town I guess but wanted to give it the love it deserves)

Friday and Saturday nights at mickeys, paddy’s, or Welch Ave

Random day drinking always occurred at Welch Ave.

Random Monday and Tuesday night drinking at Thumbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: SolarGarlic

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was Country Kitchen before Okoboji.
I don’t remember country kitchen, but know there was something there for about a year before okoboji grill. Country kitchen may have been the one before the roughly one year stint that was in it. I drove that route from fall of 90 to fall of 94.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I seem to recall there was a strip club south of Ames near Huxley in the late 80s. Anyone remember that?

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Dallas Club off main street next to another dive bar. Nickle draws people carrying trays of beer and spilling it everywhere.

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
anybody remember Gilligan's bar. It was behind Cy's in that strange building that also had a hair cut place and perhaps a fish store?

They served $3 pitchers of Little Kings Creme Ale....horrible coming back up ( and going down:)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron