Best Dorm?

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I lived in Larch 30 years ago and loved it. My son and my daughter both lived in old RCA. Both in the last 7 years. My son swears old RCA is more social because the only A/C is in the common areas. He loved his dorm. My daughter liked hers ok, but she is not as outgoing as him. I don’t think either of my kids spent a lot of time in their rooms other than to sleep.

Reactions: NWICY

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I enjoyed living in Martin (suite style, relatively large, have your own bathroom) and partying in my friends dorm in MWL (basically public everything, no privacy, free for all full floor raging)

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Ok Cyclone parents, where your high school grads living next year at ISU. My kid got their first choice and will be in Geoffroy.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Engineering and Design center are closer to the UDA...Friley/Helser. If walking from dorms to one of those areas, especially in Wintertime...you'll want a shorter walk.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
If I could do it over again I would have applied for housing in Union Drive, probably Friley. I couldn’t have been further from the west side of campus where all my classes were living in RCA.

I really did like RCA overall but the distance was a killer during the winter.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Moved houses around, Dodds used to be by Stanton and post office in the 70’s. Out motto was “Dodds does it Best”

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok Cyclone parents, where your high school grads living next year at ISU. My kid got their first choice and will be in Geoffroy.
If they are going Greek, they will be happy. Or if they are international, they will be happy. The non greek or international students I know all seem to dislike Geoffroy by Thanksgiving.

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneDaddy

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If I could do it over again I would have applied for housing in Union Drive, probably Friley. I couldn’t have been further from the west side of campus where all my classes were living in RCA.

I really did like RCA overall but the distance was a killer during the winter.

Lived in BWR and was in Ag so the distance wasn't that far. Lots of classes in Heady and Agronomy. Just the walk to take Chemistry and Biology classes made it bad. I noticed the other day riding my bike passed BWR that my very first room is no like a study/conference room from the looks of the lights in the window. Looks like they had converted three or four rooms into it.

Reactions: Big Daddy Kang

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron