Better Call Saul

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
It makes more sense now, thank you. I guess I should have probably gone back to watch it a second time. To me, I got lost at the point where he was draining the battery as you say. Wasn't sure what listening to the radio had to do with anything. Really cool stuff to watch, I suppose, if you followed it. To me it was just not very interesting and lost me a bit. Good for character development, maybe, aside from the fact that most people watching already find Mike as a very credible bad ass.

Yeah, that took me a second, but he couldn't just unplug the batteries, or the receiver would show that the batteries mysteriously went dead suddenly. He had to leave them in and drain them faster so that their receiver would show low battery first, then go dead.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
This may have been mentioned 20 or so pages ago, but Saul also mentions Nacho in his first episode of BB

• Agree
Reactions: laminak

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Everyone keeps talking about how they hope Walt or Jesse are in BCS, I'm assuming the show is going to end however Saul was introduced in BB. I don't remember how he was introduced now, but that's just my assumption.

I'm assuming they'll finish in the future with Saul, the Cinnabon manager.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Great episode imho. I loved the new secretary screwing up a couple times and then just rolling right in the patronizing assistant when she realized what he wanted.

Gus made Jimmy in about 3 seconds, which advances the story, but you would think the con-man we saw previously would be more sly.

...and Chuck completely screwed Jimmy again. Chuck is worse than Skyler.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Refresh my memory from Breaking Bad...did Saul and Gus know each other then or was it that they only knew of each other through Mike? I thought it was through Mike.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Chuck played his hand well. What a bastard.

Interesting that we didn't see a "present-day" Gene, so we're left to wonder what's going on with him after his collapse.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Refresh my memory from Breaking Bad...did Saul and Gus know each other then or was it that they only knew of each other through Mike? I thought it was through Mike.
Walt and Saul were talking about finding a new partner and Saul told Walt I know a guy that knows a guy that may be able to help you. There was another time Mike and Gus were talking and Gus referred to Saul as the lawyer. Always thought the main connection Saul had to Gus was just through Mike.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Interesting that we didn't see a "present-day" Gene, so we're left to wonder what's going on with him after his collapse.

I think the only Gene scenes have been the first scene of each season, so I wouldn't expect any more until season 4.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I think the only Gene scenes have been the first scene of each season, so I wouldn't expect any more until season 4.

I guess you're right. For some reason, I thought I remembered a few more of the "in the present" moments than there actually have been. Probably would have been good to go back and rewatch the previous seasons. I did Breaking Bad all Netflix Binge style, so things stayed fresher that way.