Better Call Saul

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Mike is in a heap of trouble. Bad part about a prequel series is we know he survives it, but should be entertaining to see how. Amazing how the Gus actor can go years without playing this role, come back and instantly be the same creepy Gus we all loved to hate

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
The Cinnabon in the mall here has a cool cardboard stand-up of Saul. Trying to post a pic but it's not working. I also took a pic of my son sitting in the exact same spot that Saul was sitting in the season debut when the kid hides in that photo booth. That pic is not uploading either.

My son and I also took pic today from the spot where they filmed a scene from Natural Born Killers.... when they go into that store to get the snake bite juice... it is now a Hobby Lobby. Hell, I should make a youtube video of all the cool places around town where movies and TV shows have been filmed.

Reactions: ripvdub

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Mike is in a heap of trouble. Bad part about a prequel series is we know he survives it, but should be entertaining to see how. Amazing how the Gus actor can go years without playing this role, come back and instantly be the same creepy Gus we all loved to hate
That guy, the actor, is one of the nicest people on the planet. Great actor as well.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Her voice us a bit manly but other than that I agree with you.

She's the perfect person for her role. Looks beautiful but not too young. Articulate and smart. Has a small bit of a wild side in her that we see from time to time. Loves Jimmy but also knows he's toxic at times.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
The Cinnabon in the mall here has a cool cardboard stand-up of Saul. Trying to post a pic but it's not working. I also took a pic of my son sitting in the exact same spot that Saul was sitting in the season debut when the kid hides in that photo booth. That pic is not uploading either.

My son and I also took pic today from the spot where they filmed a scene from Natural Born Killers.... when they go into that store to get the snake bite juice... it is now a Hobby Lobby. Hell, I should make a youtube video of all the cool places around town where movies and TV shows have been filmed.

Did you try the curly fries at the restaurant where they film the Los Pollos Hermanos scenes? Did you throw a pizza on Walt's house's roof yet?

• Funny
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Few questions for you fellow fans:

1. So to summarize Mike's recent happenings: He never felt safe in his feud with Hector despite Nacho telling him its over. So he goes to snipe Hector but decides he can't get a clear shot with Nacho in the way. He then hears the car horn and finds a note that says "Don't". Did we find out who left the note? I can only wonder if its Nacho?

So then Mike figures if someone got to his car its probably bugged. So he searches for a tracker and finally finds it in the gas cap. He buys a replica and slowly drains the battery of the original. Where I get fuzzy is which tracker he puts back to the cap and what he does with the original? Or does someone come take the new tracker?

2. How did we know Gus was on to Jimmy? Maybe I missed something at the end of the episode this week.

3. In the beginning of episode 2, I assume Chuck is talking to a P.I.? I also assume that's in "current" time of the show? (2002).

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Few questions for you fellow fans:

1. So to summarize Mike's recent happenings: He never felt safe in his feud with Hector despite Nacho telling him its over. So he goes to snipe Hector but decides he can't get a clear shot with Nacho in the way. He then hears the car horn and finds a note that says "Don't". Did we find out who left the note? I can only wonder if its Nacho?

So then Mike figures if someone got to his car its probably bugged. So he searches for a tracker and finally finds it in the gas cap. He buys a replica and slowly drains the battery of the original. Where I get fuzzy is which tracker he puts back to the cap and what he does with the original? Or does someone come take the new tracker?

2. How did we know Gus was on to Jimmy? Maybe I missed something at the end of the episode this week.

3. In the beginning of episode 2, I assume Chuck is talking to a P.I.? I also assume that's in "current" time of the show? (2002).

1. pretty much spot on. Mike drained the battery of the old tracker and put the dead battery in the new tracker because he knew the people would come to change out the dead battery tracker, then he could follow them and figure out who was following him. Mike threw away the old tracker. Still haven't found out who left the note.

2. I think Jimmy makes it fairly obvious when he is in the restaurant that he is watching the one guy, nothing sly about it at all. So Gus probably picked up on it as he is mopping.

3. Yes the weird guy at Chuck's table is a PI. Chuck was expecting Jimmy to break in and steal the tape and wanted to bust him.

• Agree
Reactions: laminak

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
1. pretty much spot on. Mike drained the battery of the old tracker and put the dead battery in the new tracker because he knew the people would come to change out the dead battery tracker, then he could follow them and figure out who was following him. Mike threw away the old tracker. Still haven't found out who left the note.

2. I think Jimmy makes it fairly obvious when he is in the restaurant that he is watching the one guy, nothing sly about it at all. So Gus probably picked up on it as he is mopping.

3. Yes the weird guy at Chuck's table is a PI. Chuck was expecting Jimmy to break in and steal the tape and wanted to bust him.

I believe Mike took the original tracker and drained the battery and put his new tracker in the gas cap with a good battery. When they showed up that night they just switched out his gas cap with a new one, which means they took Mike's new tracker with them and this allowed Mike to follow them. Since they placed a new gas cap/tracker on his car, he pulled that off and dropped it in his yard before he left to make it look like his car never left his house. And sometime during all of this he threw away the original tracker that he drained the battery on.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I believe Mike took the original tracker and drained the battery and put his new tracker in the gas cap with a good battery. When they showed up that night they just switched out his gas cap with a new one, which means they took Mike's new tracker with them and this allowed Mike to follow them. Since they placed a new gas cap/tracker on his car, he pulled that off and dropped it in his yard before he left to make it look like his car never left his house. And sometime during all of this he threw away the original tracker that he drained the battery on.

So basically just need to take away mike is crafty, smart, meticulous and instead of being tracked is not tracking them. They can't track Mike now because of the dead battery they had to switch?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So basically just need to take away mike is crafty, smart, meticulous and instead of being tracked is not tracking them. They can't track Mike now because of the dead battery they had to switch?

They can still track him because they put a new tracker in his gas cap. But he took the gas cap off and left it at his house so he could track them without being tracked

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
They can still track him because they put a new tracker in his gas cap. But he took the gas cap off and left it at his house so he could track them without being tracked

He is so smart, he's smarter than me in real life.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA

I had a friend who drove through Albuquerque on his way from the midwest to California a few years ago, right after Breaking Bad had just finished. He went to all the BB touristy places, and sat outside Jesse & Jane's duplex from the show and chatted with the actual owner for a while (I think it was woman?). Anyway, he said she came outside while he was checking it out and taking pictures and started up a conversation. Real nice. But the best part? He snagged me a Los Pollos Hermanos t-shirt. ;-)

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Did you try the curly fries at the restaurant where they film the Los Pollos Hermanos scenes? Did you throw a pizza on Walt's house's roof yet?
The real restaurant is called Twisters (where they film the Los Pollos scenes). I'm not a fan of that place. I didn't throw a pizza but the pizza on Walt's roof was from one of my favorite pizza places! I have been to most of the BB locations but not all of them. The people who own Walt's house put up a big sign saying that they are no longer allowing people to take pics of their house. They sit out front in lawn chairs a lot to prevent this lol. Weirdos.

I have hung out with Combo a few times and met Gonzo and the assassin twins (forget their names at the moment). My brother has been good friends with Agent Gomez for many years and has appeared on his talk show 3 or 4 times. He also hung out with Walt Jr twice. My girlfriend's mom has met most of the cast and had her picture taken with them... there has been a ton of movies and TV shows flimed here but BB really put us on the map.

Reactions: CloneFan4 and mj4cy

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
The real restaurant is called Twisters (where they film the Los Pollos scenes). I'm not a fan of that place. I didn't throw a pizza but the pizza on Walt's roof was from one of my favorite pizza places! I have been to most of the BB locations but not all of them. The people who own Walt's house put up a big sign saying that they are no longer allowing people to take pics of their house. They sit out front in lawn chairs a lot to prevent this lol. Weirdos.

I have hung out with Combo a few times and met Gonzo and the assassin twins (forget their names at the moment). My brother has been good friends with Agent Gomez for many years and has appeared on his talk show 3 or 4 times. He also hung out with Walt Jr twice. My girlfriend's mom has met most of the cast and had her picture taken with them... there has been a ton of movies and TV shows flimed here but BB really put us on the map.

<-- Super jealous

Help Support Us

Become a patron