Better Call Saul

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
There's still a lot to be explained as things lead up to breaking bad
I had a ton of questions that lead up to breaking bad, and some have been answered. The way the show is written, I think I'm going to be very pleased when the other questions are answered.

I'm looking forward to a lot of things. I think Chuck will die before the series is over. I think Hector ending up in a wheelchair is not due to old age but is the work of Gus. We are starting to see how Mike ends up working for Gus AND how he and Jimmy/Saul end up working together somewhat.

Oh, one more thing. When Hector and his boys go into Los Pollos Hermanos, my buddy Matt is one of the customers in the restaurant. I didn't know he was going to be on this show. He was also in an episode of Longmire, as was my friend Ariel. I think I need to get off my butt and get into acting.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I think they're going to catch Chuck in a lie somehow using the fact that Jimmy destroyed a backup tape and Chuck still has the original.

something like that .... It seems the the play is all about keeping Jimmys' law license. He has accepted a plea deal and admitted quilt. There day of resurrection is at the bar review.

What do the pictures that Mike took have to do with that? And why is it important to know (bingo!) there is an original, and that it is under lock and key? why was the picture of the lantern on the newspaper important?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
something like that .... It seems the the play is all about keeping Jimmys' law license. He has accepted a plea deal and admitted quilt. There day of resurrection is at the bar review.

What do the pictures that Mike took have to do with that? And why is it important to know (bingo!) there is an original, and that it is under lock and key? why was the picture of the lantern on the newspaper important?

wait a minute.... the copy is under lock and key, right? the original was destroyed? some sort of legal maneuvering on that?

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Loved that Opening Scene and the episode was very good. Course I'm more into the Mike/Gus/Hector/Cartel story-line than the Jimmy & Chuck one.

Agreed, however Jimmy & Chuck have been interesting this year vs previous years, going at each other.

• Agree
Reactions: SayMyName

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Don Eladio sighting...

Gah! Geeking out over here about this opening scene! This season is quickly becoming very good the closer the storylines tie into BB. Loving it!

Bummer when the DEA was raiding the ice cream store, should have been a Hank siting. Wonder if he and his partner, Gomie, are going to be in. Hope so.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

That is one thing I love about this show, they leave you wondering a lot of things. As I have said before, the writing is brilliant.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
In some way I think Kim and Jimmy are going to demonstrate that Chuck willfully entrapped Jimmy.

Making a back-up tape - tape is supposed to be destroyed, no? Why make a "back-up?" Chuck even insisted on being paid for the cost of the tape.

Doors don't kick in, maybe the frame of the door had been altered to be easily destroyed?

While, Chuck proclaimed that what they can show the bar is different than in court, maybe Chuck isn't thinking about it going both ways.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
My guess:

They made them say personal property instead of cassette due to needing to say he broke the door because of chuck changing locks and he never destroyed the cassette as the original is clearly there. Why would he ever need a backup if he secretly taped jimmy without him knowing?

Seems like they can bring it full circle that way. Not sure about the pictures other than to show the place is already a mess and things everywhere with no real rhyme or reason to it.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I think they're going to catch Chuck in a lie somehow using the fact that Jimmy destroyed a backup tape and Chuck still has the original.

I am wondering if they know where the master is and deleted it with a big magnet. We don't know what else Mike did in the house.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
the big question I have, is whose address did Jimmy want Mike to get? Chuck's ex-wife maybe?

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
BTW - some wanting Hank - saw on a BCS recap thread, many speculate that Hank DID make an appearance via voice. The DEA agent that said "Did he get out the truck yet?" but was not seen.

Reactions: CycloneWarning

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
My guess:

They made them say personal property instead of cassette due to needing to say he broke the door because of chuck changing locks and he never destroyed the cassette as the original is clearly there. Why would he ever need a backup if he secretly taped jimmy without him knowing?

Seems like they can bring it full circle that way. Not sure about the pictures other than to show the place is already a mess and things everywhere with no real rhyme or reason to it.

I think you are exactly right with this piece. They specifically didn't want to say what property was that was damaged/destroyed in the document. I assume they will claim it was the door and not the tape that was damaged, but we'll see.

I'm guessing somehow that Mesa Verde finds out about all of this as well and they pull their business from Kim.

Reactions: Cyclone.TV

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
the big question I have, is whose address did Jimmy want Mike to get? Chuck's ex-wife maybe?

Yes, curious also. But I wouldn't think it is Chuck's ex (if she is alive). Chuck hated the fact that her and Jimmy got along so well, so I would think Jimmy would already know how to get a hold of her and give her updates on Chuck's health.

I guess I always assumed she had passed, and it was a contributing factor to Chuck going off the rails. Have we ever gotten that backstory about his condition (dementia)?

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Solid episode this week. This season just keeps getting better - really love the Mike/Gus/Hector storyline development.

On the other front, I'm also struck by the (intended) irony about how manipulative and scheming Chuck is, bending "the law" in his favor to get to his desired outcome: feeling superior over Slippin' Jimmy while using some of the very same tactics he despises in his younger brother. "Fabricating evidence" by faking a cuckoo episode to coerce (or entrap) Jimmy into a recorded confession, changing the locks knowing that Jimmy would have to break in, having the PI on hand as a witness, making a backup tape and staging it in the recorder on his desk knowing that one would be destroyed, leading the judge or arbitrator to pursue his angle of disbarrment, etc. etc. Heck, he's even involved poor unwitting Ernesto into his plotting.

Just fantastic writing. Reminds me a lot of BB with Skylar and her moral justifications and eventual criminal complicity, as well as with many other characters on a sliding scale of "innocence".

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
In some way I think Kim and Jimmy are going to demonstrate that Chuck willfully entrapped Jimmy.

Making a back-up tape - tape is supposed to be destroyed, no? Why make a "back-up?" Chuck even insisted on being paid for the cost of the tape.

Doors don't kick in, maybe the frame of the door had been altered to be easily destroyed?

While, Chuck proclaimed that what they can show the bar is different than in court, maybe Chuck isn't thinking about it going both ways.

The entrapment angle is solid, I think that's it.

I also think Mike figured out where the real tape is and they can now go get it if necesscary, so Chuck doesn't have a case. Jimmy asked Mike about the "other thing" that Chuck had in his calendar at the restaraunt.

Is Jimmy, Chuck's legal guardian still? Wasn't the hospital trying to have him commit him in season 1 or 2? Perhaps he'll have Chuck disbarred and committed as a part of this. Seems too harsh, but he basically told Chuck he was on his own last episode.