Big 12 / Big East Future Series being discussed

D

Deleted member 8507

Hope we don’t end up with DePaul. Would rather have Georgetown over them even.
I hope we get Xavier or Marquette most seasons as that is whom we seem to go head to head against in recruiting the most.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’m hoping XU and Butler as well. Next two for me would be Georgetown and St. John’s

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I hope we get Xavier or Marquette most seasons as that is whom we seem to go head to head against in recruiting the most.
I would too, but Marquette is out for next year. Obviously Xavier and Butler are top 2 choices of what could be possible.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I like the B12-BE series idea. Having that and Big 12-SEC can boost SOS without trying to schedule a home/home or one-off neutral with a major conference team on individuaal basis.

It's about 99% KU and Nova will play in the inaugural matchups. I assume most of the others will have a lot to do w/ pecking order in each conference this season, overall and league standings. Texas probably will land a high-end opponent, cuz that's how it goes.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
So, who do the Cyclones get this year (2024-5)?

I'd love to see Villanova come to Hilton this year.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Who should we get or who do we get?

We should get someone good, like Nova or Creighton. We'll probably get Georgetown or DePaul, or maybe a miracle bump all the way up to Butler.
Anybody but DePaul or Georgetown would be good. Man, those two teams were dog bad this past season. Uh, Somebody has to play UCONN. I nominate Houston or Kansas! As for the middle teams, I have seen ISU play @ Xavier, @ Creighton and St. John's @ Hilton, so I am up for any of the others. @ Butler would be fun to go to a game @ Hinkle Field House. Based on standings from 2023-4, Marquette seems most appropriate, and I have never seen the Marquette Men play. Let it be said, let it be done!

Reactions: CycloneErik

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Is it a guarantee ISU has a game in 2024-25?

Big 12 has 16 teams to the Big East’s 11

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Is it a guarantee ISU has a game in 2024-25?

Big 12 has 16 teams to the Big East’s 11

Not necessarily, but probably, unless they need to connect bottom-feeder teams to match up to the ones in the Big East.
Of the additions, Arizona would have a game for sure, but I'm not sure ASU, Colorado, or Utah are teams the organizers would line up to include. Texas and Oklahoma are out, so there's a need for teams that someone might watch. We've got to be good in that regard (in addition to the good team we'll put out there).

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not necessarily, but probably, unless they need to connect bottom-feeder teams to match up to the ones in the Big East.
Of the additions, Arizona would have a game for sure, but I'm not sure ASU, Colorado, or Utah are teams the organizers would line up to include. Texas and Oklahoma are out, so there's a need for teams that someone might watch. We've got to be good in that regard (in addition to the good team we'll put out there).
As a top 10 I can't believe we won't. Especially with OuT no longer in the picture.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
As a top 10 I can't believe we won't. Especially with OuT no longer in the picture.

I don't think it's a real discussion. We'd have to be included.

Teams that have to be for sure: Arizona, Kansas, Houston, Baylor, Iowa State. You can't exclude your top 10 level teams.
Highly likely: BYU, TCU, Tech, Cincinnati (?), maybe West Virginia from the old days?

Others: Kind of whatever.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Who should we get or who do we get?

We should get someone good, like Nova or Creighton. We'll probably get Georgetown or DePaul, or maybe a miracle bump all the way up to Butler.
When the leagues start discussing matchups, Pollard will probably have us ranked 12th in the league because of something like our team GPA in 2019, which will set us up for a rematch with DePaul.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Since its 11 teams to 16. Does that mean that the top 11 Big12 teams play? Might be harder to do this year with 4 new teams that weren't in the standings.