Big 12 football news and super amazing playoff contender meow ksu thread

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI

That is kind of cool. Best we got. I think it is probably definitive and accurate on the topic of a team like texas.

It was pretty thin on data for most teams. Only 3 years did iowa state even clock in though.

Pretty easy to skew the data. I think isu would be far more extreme on the underrated side if the other years outside of the top 25 were properly accounted for.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
Maybe a hot take: I'm higher on Tech than KSU this season.

I think KSU finishes 8th, ahead of WVU and our friends in Lawrence.

I think Tech is going to start the new era with a bang, im predicting they surprise a lot of people and go for 7-8 wins.

1. OU
2. OSU
3. BU
4. ISU
5. UT
6. Tech
7. TCU
8. KSU
9. WVU
10. KU

Little bit of a homer pick for ISU, but hey

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha

You wonder if these writers put more than 10 minutes of thought into these projections. It's football, just publish anything and people will read it.

When I saw he has KSU winning at Oklahoma but losing at Iowa State I closed it out.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Peyton & Eli's nephew commits to Texas. I guess could play 2 years in the Big 12.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Peyton & Eli's nephew commits to Texas. I guess could play 2 years in the Big 12.

Not sure why top QBs even think about Texas. Texas QBs do not really make it big to the NFL. We all saw what happened with Vince Young. McCoy has been a career back up (nothing wrong with it, but probably not what Manning wants to be), Ehlinger seems to be McCoy V2.

I guess this is what it means to be a "blue-blood". Have God-awful seasons (compared to your recruiting stats) and yet get the best recruits no matter what. Literally the season after losing to Kansas (at home, no less, in front of basically 0 fans), they get the best QB in the class.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Not sure why top QBs even think about Texas. Texas QBs do not really make it big to the NFL. We all saw what happened with Vince Young. McCoy has been a career back up (nothing wrong with it, but probably not what Manning wants to be), Ehlinger seems to be McCoy V2.

I guess this is what it means to be a "blue-blood". Have God-awful seasons (compared to your recruiting stats) and yet get the best recruits no matter what. Literally the season after losing the Kansas (at home, no less, in front of basically 0 fans), they get the best QB in the class.
I guess they think Sarkisian will change the trend there with QB's.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

I guess this is what it means to be a "blue-blood". Have God-awful seasons (compared to your recruiting stats) and yet get the best recruits no matter what. Literally the season after losing to Kansas (at home, no less, in front of basically 0 fans), they get the best QB in the class.
Texas fans are suffering from "Arch Madness". It's incurable. Wait until he hits the portal.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Sure you can't find a more irrelevant Twitter account to boost your ego? I know it would be hard, as this one seems pretty darn irrelevant, but I think you can do it if you try.

• Love
Reactions: surly

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Sure you can't find a more irrelevant Twitter account to boost your ego? I know it would be hard, as this one seems pretty darn irrelevant, but I think you can do it if you try.
That was my first thought.
Second one was "okie state has a PRIMARY helmet?"
Because i cant remember the last time i saw them in the same one twice.

ILikeBacon

Apr 1, 2013
I wish the AP ranked all programs every week (instead of just 25) so we could track how overrated Texas is every season, as in literally overrated by the main ranking. I bet they would DOUBLE the next closest team in terms of average drop from beginning to end of each season.
The CBS all teams weekly ranking is a tool you could use to do that. https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/

It is fun to look at how many 'lesser' schools ranked higher than Texas during any given week/year.