Big 12 Statement 9.1.2021

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Nothing wrong with being optimistic. No one is trying to stop you. I have an opinion, it’s not popular because it’s not optimistic. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

I think others agree as well. They just don’t want to admit it, or don’t want to post it. But I bet if it really came down to it…like if you were forced to wager your life savings and retirement on the outcome…I’m confident where most would put their chips.
What the hell does a talk radio host in DSM on for two hours a day know about life savings?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
1. They had to say something
2. There isn't anything much to say, not because of some failure but because it's ongoing and there's no news right now
3. Still I'd appreciate it if they put more effort into sounding like a real human and not release a statement full of corporate gobbledygook, because I'm tired of dickhead sportswriters making fun of us on Twitter
Delete Twitter.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Nothing wrong with being optimistic. No one is trying to stop you. I have an opinion, it’s not popular because it’s not optimistic. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

I think others agree as well. They just don’t want to admit it, or don’t want to post it. But I bet if it really came down to it…like if you were forced to wager your life savings and retirement on the outcome…I’m confident where most would put their chips.
No, you see there's a large segment on here who need to be "confident" that we'll be in the Big Ten eventually, and everything will be fine.
So, if they read a post that differs from that, they don't shrug and say "well that's their opinion." No, they need to admonish it immediately, as it threatens their mental outlook on the future, and perhaps how well they sleep that night.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
No, you see there's a large segment on here who need to be "confident" that we'll be in the Big Ten eventually, and everything will be fine.
So, if they read a post that differs from that, they don't shrug and say "well that's their opinion." No, they need to admonish it immediately, as it threatens their mental outlook on the future, and perhaps how well they sleep that night.

paz-white-flag.gif

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

You lecturing anyone on mental wellness is rich.

The Far Cyde

Sep 15, 2019
I think there is some of this. I also think there are those who think, “well, if we stay positive and ignore what is happening, then good things will happen”. Like they can will a favorable outcome into existence by denying the world around them.

I guess I’m just not superstitious.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You lecturing anyone on mental wellness is rich.

For the 15 years this site has existed he has always been on the negative side of every topic. Sometimes he falls on the right side. More often than not he would be a gigantic troll - if he didn't believe every bit of BS he put out.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
For the 15 years this site has existed he has always been on the negative side of every topic. Sometimes he falls on the right side. More often than not he would be a gigantic troll - if he didn't believe every bit of BS he put out.

A blind squirrel nuts every once in a while

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Sure, why not. Anything anyone involved with realignment says or does is just a blank screen upon which everyone projects their hopes and dreams. So shoot your shot.

Posted this in the other thread.

Really hope that the service academies are getting consideration. Would be great additions for academics and add some historic rivalry games. Would go to 14 with them, BYU, CSU, and New Mexico. Conference would have somewhat decent geographic coherence, good academics, and a chance to solidify and grow in growing states particularly Colorado and Utah. Geography matters at least in my mind. Kansas west through Utah, Kansas south through Texas. WVU gets some Eastern competition via Army and Navy.

Really do not want city schools (except maybe Cincinnati), or any directional schools. UCF, Boise for instance make no sense geographically among other considerations. Those types of conference affiliations seem like a gimmick to me.

Sort of starting over here - need to build something that can last and provide stability. Would ideally have ISU in the B1G, but in lieu of that - this is my best shot.

May 7, 2020
Smoke and Mirrors. Once ESPN, OuT sign the checks the remaining 8 will be absorbed.
We MIGHT be absorbed by a Power conference but 0 chance all 8 find a happy home. I would say 2 to 5 tops. But if by absorbed you mean taken by G5 conferences, then sure.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
I think there is some of this. I also think there are those who think, “well, if we stay positive and ignore what is happening, then good things will happen”. Like they can will a favorable outcome into existence by denying the world around them.

I guess I’m just not superstitious.

Haha. Yep. Positivity pays the bills!

• Dumb
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Its funny people think they are owed a statement or information. And I find the popular consensus on here pretty pessimistic. Nobody knows anything. All I know is the Big 12 should be doing as much as possible to set up for damage litigation if things don't go well for all involved. If there is a landing spot for anyone no one should say anything to that effect.