Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Would not mind it. Obviously not ideal for many if not most. I like having open Saturdays in the fall.

I should note that I'm not even sure it's an option, but when I Google "Jack Trice Stadium" it shows me that the next event there is Iowa State vs Kansas Fri. November 3rd at 7 PM.
If you click on that, you go to a page that says ISU is playing Texas on Fri., Nov. 17 at 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. and Sat., Nov. 18 at noon.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
If you click on that, you go to a page that says ISU is playing Texas on Fri., Nov. 17 at 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. and Sat., Nov. 18 at noon.
yeah i heard were gonna play them twice too

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Are we required to play one of these Friday nights next year or hows that contract written? I loathe them. I hope we can get out of doing them.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Are we required to play one of these Friday nights next year or hows that contract written? I loathe them. I hope we can get out of doing them.
We're going to play Friday games. I don't know if it's specified how many each school has to play, or whatever, but we're going to have them I can guarantee that.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We're going to play Friday games. I don't know if it's specified how many each school has to play, or whatever, but we're going to have them I can guarantee that.
That's my assumption. I moreso meant like is it one every couple years and do we have a say in how many? or is it totally up to the fox/espn brass and they say "Your are playing Friday night on x and x dates and that's final."

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
That's what I'm afraid of.
Yeah, there's not really anything we can do at this point other than hope we aren't on Friday.

And personally, I like Friday games. It's a bit selfish, but I only have a daughter so I'll never have to really deal with the conflict of HS football, and the HS football season is only half the college season anyhow, so I really think the amount of conflicts it will cause with those who do have kids playing HS football will be minimal.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I’m not sure if this thread took a turn of speculation that we might actually play a Friday game this year and specifically KU but our game is and will be on Saturday.
There are two slots for 11 and two slots for 2:30. Two of those four slots will be either FSU or Notre Dame. The rest of the Saturday slots go to the Big 12 and that is where our game will be.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

What they should do is set up the parameters as follows:
*each school has 1 non-Saturday conference game per year (excluding Thanksgiving weekend)
*1 home, 1 road in every 2-year cycle
*2 Thursday, 2 Friday in every 4-year cycle

So year 1 may be a Thursday road game, year 2 may be a Friday home game, etc.

What they will do is anyone's guess.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
speaking of weeknight games
i actually enjoyed that 5 year stretch from 2010-2006 when ISU kicked off the season on a Thursday
realize im probably in the minority