BIG 12 WBB Tourney Pairings, Times, TV

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Holy crap! This is the first time I have ever watched a women’s game and now I feel really bad about it. So many awesome moments tonight.

Middleton is so much fun to watch and the rest of the team out toughed Baylor despite the size disadvantage. Hit some more threes and they are right there.

I don’t want to make comparisons to the men because these ladies deserve all of the credit. The hustle, boxing out, fighting for loose balls what a refreshing change of pace.

I will see you all at Hilton for the first two rounds. Great tournament ladies!

TL;DR never watched a women’s game will be attending tournament.

To be fair they've been down the last few yrs. Had some really good runs early in Bill's tenure, then kind of rested on laurels, then backslid and now bounced back this yr. They have been a treat to watch this yr though.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I hope the guys watched this game tonight. Instead of sulking because they werent hitting their threes, the ladies took it to Baylor in every other aspect. Imagine what the guys could do without the talent differential the ladies were up against. Brown and Cox were both the top-ranked recruitin their class.

CySmitty

Jan 3, 2008
Longmont, CO
Amazing 3 quarters by the sisters I was really pulling for them. At least it was fun for a majority of the game I think a few times she even got uncomfortable. Hopefully they fight that way during the ncaa and hopefully they get a little less biased refs too.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
To be fair they've been down the last few yrs. Had some really good runs early in Bill's tenure, then kind of rested on laurels, then backslid and now bounced back this yr. They have been a treat to watch this yr though.

Well I had never even considered watching before so it makes me a bandwagon fan unfortunately. I am just so impressed with how hard they played. Between football and wrestling season tickets plus some men’s games in between it’s hard to get to anymore events. The GF and her parents are looking forward to it. 4 more butts in the seats than there would have been previously.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You forget the years Poppens and Prins were here...and Lacey. Those were damned fine teams.

True. Best regular season since 2012-2013. Setup to make a Sweet Sixteen run again like in 2009-2010 when we were the #4 playing 1st and 2nd round in Ames. Similar records and seeding.

Since the 1999-2002 run we make the Sweet Sixteen about once every 9-10 years and have the team that can do it again (earning the home court is huge). Will have to be upset at home to stop us. Really want a #3 so we don't hit a #1 for the third game.

Reactions: Buster28

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
True. Best regular season since 2012-2013. Setup to make a Sweet Sixteen run again like in 2009-2010 when we were the #4 playing 1st and 2nd round in Ames. Similar records and seeding.

Since the 1999-2002 run we make the Sweet Sixteen about once every 9-10 years and have the team that can do it again (earning the home court is huge). Will have to be upset at home to stop us. Really want a #3 so we don't hit a #1 for the third game.

Unfortunately, the pundits this year are very negative about Big 12, and very over the moon with the ACC, who currently hold 6 of the 12 top 3 seeds. ACC is good, but not that good. ISU beat down Miami, yet, Miami is currently seeded ahead of ISU.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Unfortunately, the pundits this year are very negative about Big 12, and very over the moon with the ACC, who currently hold 6 of the 12 top 3 seeds. ACC is good, but not that good. ISU beat down Miami, yet, Miami is currently seeded ahead of ISU.

and 5 of the 8 loses were to top 16 teams, 3 of them to #1 in the Nation for most of the year, and the other 3 were close loses on the road...

This team deserves respect.