Bill Self out due to illness or health issue

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Someone on phog said it wasn’t a heart attack but just “experienced discomfort” and “they found a blockage”

I would guess he had chest pain, went to have it checked out, they probably performed an angiogram found a blockage and then gave him a cardiac stent.

If that’s true that is a good outcome to catch the blockage before a heart attack. A lot of people aren’t so lucky.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Get well coach! May want to think twice about the technical foul calls now.

clone4life82

Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
As much as I hate Kansas and Self, I wouldn’t wish this upon anyone. Hope for a full and speedy recovery for him.

Reactions: NWICY

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Illness is protection for a HIPAA violation. The employer cannot release the cause of his hospitalization without approval from the employee.

I'm no HIPAAologist but doesn't HIPAA cover the release of info from the healthcare provider? As in, the hospital can't say anything to anyone without the patient's permission?

Once Self gives that permission, his employer has no confidentiality requirement.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Man tough year to be a Big 12 coach this season.

Domestic abuse, racism, heart issues oh my!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm no HIPAAologist but doesn't HIPAA cover the release of info from the healthcare provider? As in, the hospital can't say anything to anyone without the patient's permission?

Once Self gives that permission, his employer has no confidentiality requirement.

Unless Self didn't give that permission

Reactions: cowgirl836

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com

Correct. HIPAA applies only to healthcare providers. Patients/family members can give out health information to anyone they choose, who in turn can give it to others, etc.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Correct. HIPAA applies only to healthcare providers. Patients/family members can give out health information to anyone they choose, who in turn can give it to others, etc.
Actually HIPAA applies to anyone that has access to protected health information which is everything from providers, to insurance companies, to billing depts, as well as employers under certain circumstances. Something doesn’t have to be an “illness” to be protected under HIPAA, it is applicable to any protected health information

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Actually HIPAA applies to anyone that has access to protected health information which is everything from providers, to insurance companies, to billing depts, as well as employers under certain circumstances. Something doesn’t have to be an “illness” to be protected under HIPAA, it is applicable to any protected health information
Yes, you’re correct, it’s a bit more than just healthcare providers. A person can’t violate HIPAA with their own information, though.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

This only has been explained 5000 xs around here. You are correct.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron