Body found near ISU Campus

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Seriously screwed up family.

I was working and going to school in Ames at the time. Not long after, I had a new co-worker (international student) who I found out was living in the same building. I started to ask him about it and (reluctantly) got out of him that he was in the same apartment where the murder happened. He said he got a great deal on it.

*shudders*

Wow... My gf lives in the apartment complex where that domestic murder happened at the edge of Urbandale/Des Moines off of Aurora. The guy was in a standoff with the police, shot a cop in the hand from his deck and then shot his soon to be ex-wife in the head with a shotgun. My gf's building is right next door to the building that happened in and she had trouble sleeping for awhile after that. Personally I know I couldn't live in a place where something like that happened. That would creep me out big time.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Wow... My gf lives in the apartment complex where that domestic murder happened at the edge of Urbandale/Des Moines off of Aurora. The guy was in a standoff with the police, shot a cop in the hand from his deck and then shot his soon to be ex-wife in the head with a shotgun. My gf's building is right next door to the building that happened in and she had trouble sleeping for awhile after that. Personally I know I couldn't live in a place where something like that happened. That would creep me out big time.

Small world, I know the cop that got shot in the hand.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Don't remember this? When did this happen?

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
do the towers have any surveillance cameras for the outside where they could go back and see any suspicious activity

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Don't remember this? When did this happen?

It was on Veterans Day oddly enough. The woman that was killed was a veteran that had served 3 tours in the middle east during this most recent war over there.

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
do the towers have any surveillance cameras for the outside where they could go back and see any suspicious activity

Not that I'm aware of. I know they had one up back when Knapp and Storm were imploded, but I don't think it's still there.

The problem is (and was at the time he was discovered missing) is that a lot of surveillance cameras only store the video for a week before being recorded over, so any camera footage that may have caught him was long gone by the time the police and investigators needed it.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
That is wrong on so many levels...:no:

Agreed. Just another case of a person with so much going for them being caught up in a relationship with a total loser. This guy made Pierre Pierce look like a boyscout with his criminal record.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
doc4bc702dfa1b62667452266.jpg

Ames Tribune > Ames Tribune > News

ISU Police Director Jerry Stewart did say the body was discovered by an ISU police officer who was conducting a search of the grounds as part of a widening effort to locate missing student Jon Lacina. .... Stewart said the dairy farm area had been searched in February as part of an effort to locate Lacina, but officers had been forced to work through waist-deep snow at the time.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

ISU Police Director Jerry Stewart did say the body was discovered by an ISU police officer who was conducting a search of the grounds as part of a widening effort to locate missing student Jon Lacina. .... Stewart said the dairy farm area had been searched in February as part of an effort to locate Lacina, but officers had been forced to work through waist-deep snow at the time.

This explains a lot. My biggest question was if they had searched there before how could they have possibly missed this body? Now it makes a lot more sense.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Hmmm, weird.

That building (if I'm thinking of the correct one) is a decent bit off the road (why would he go there) and not that big (to be searched).

Last edited:

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Are they suggesting that building was full of waist deep snow or just the outside? Doesn't look like the building is in bad shape that it would be full of snow.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Are they suggesting that building was full of waist deep snow or just the outside? Doesn't look like the building is in bad shape that it would be full of snow.

outside, waist deep snow hard to walk in let alone open a door to a building.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
This explains a lot. My biggest question was if they had searched there before how could they have possibly missed this body? Now it makes a lot more sense.

They said that the area was searched, not specifically inside the building. If there was waist-deep snow around the exterior, opening the doors (assuming they open outward instead of inward) would have been darn near impossible.

lytle3478

Jan 25, 2008
Kansas City

How long has the snow been melted up there? I haven't been to Ames since last fall so I don't know when the majority of the snow melted up there.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
They said that the area was searched, not specifically inside the building. If there was waist-deep snow around the exterior, opening the doors (assuming they open outward instead of inward) would have been darn near impossible.

So how would Lacina get in?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I never thought they would find this kid, I mean they are still looking for Jodi Huisentruit and Johnny Gosch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron