Boilermaker Upset

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
My obnoxious sky-carp buddies have already booked rooms for the Outback Bowl.....go figure.

You're right, a lot of Iowa fans, myself included, are looking ahead to the Outback Bowl. We're fans, that's what we do. But I'm sure the players realize that to even get a chance at the Outback Bowl, they're got two more games to win.

Iowa will stomp Purdue and hopefully beat Minnesota.

While on the subject of Minnesota, this team is a FRAUD and Michigan finally revealed them to the nation. Look at their wins so far this season, not very impressive...

N. Illinois - 31-27
Bowling Green - 42-17
Montana St. - 35-23
Florida Atlantic - 37-3
Indiana - 16-7
Illinois - 27-20
Purdue - 17-6

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
They did beat Illinois......:biggrin:

You're right, a lot of Iowa fans, myself included, are looking ahead to the Outback Bowl. We're fans, that's what we do. But I'm sure the players realize that to even get a chance at the Outback Bowl, they're got two more games to win.

While on the subject of Minnesota, this team is a FRAUD and Michigan finally revealed them to the nation. Look at their wins so far this season, not very impressive...

N. Illinois - 31-27
Bowling Green - 42-17
Montana St. - 35-23
Florida Atlantic - 37-3
Indiana - 16-7
Illinois - 27-20
Purdue - 17-6

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
They did beat Illinois......:biggrin:

A-Team_Mr-T_Shut_Up_Fool-T-link.jpg

NWIAclone

Apr 11, 2006
Lake Okoboji
The fans are playing tomorrow? Holy ****, I hope someone told the team!

Listen....I have nothing against the Hawkeye team....never have. They have a lot of good, home-grown Iowa talent and I wish them nothing but the best (except when they play the Cyclones).

It's the sky-carp faithful that drive me nuts. I had two featherbutt fans inform me this afternoon that they were going to the "Dollar Store" and get some suntan lotion for the trip to Tampa. They figured they needed to hurry before the stuff was put away for the winter. It's only a 26 mile round trip.

Way to think things through boys....nice.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Listen....I have nothing against the Hawkeye team....never have. They have a lot of good, home-grown Iowa talent and I wish them nothing but the best (except when they play the Cyclones).

It's the sky-carp faithful that drive me nuts. I had two featherbutt fans inform me this afternoon that they were going to the "Dollar Store" and get some suntan lotion for the trip to Tampa. They figured they needed to hurry before the stuff was put away for the winter. It's only a 26 mile round trip.

So because 2 Iowa fans went to buy suntan lotion for a possible trip to Tampa, you think they speak for the entire fanbase? If Iowa wins out Tampa is being pointed at the most likely destination. How much does suntan lotion cost?

Last edited:

NWIAclone

Apr 11, 2006
Lake Okoboji
How much does suntan lotion cost?

You are making this too easy.

The point is this...... it cost more to drive 26 miles than what you would save on the stupid lotion at the "Dollar Store". Nice job sky-carp.

Also, the image of two redneck, tavern hawks shopping for suntan lotion at the "Dollar Store" just cracks me up. Nice visual.

Last edited:

LifetimeHawk

May 21, 2008

They were probably just rubbing your nose in another losing season. As an ISU fan you've undoubtedly heard that before.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

N. Illinois - 31-27
Bowling Green - 42-17
Montana St. - 35-23
Florida Atlantic - 37-3
Indiana - 16-7
Illinois - 27-20
Purdue - 17-6

I pretty much have to respect fans for being optimistic. That's kind of the whole point.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

How much does suntan lotion cost?

Gee whiz - just how sunny is it in Detroit this time of year... :wideeyed:

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
You mean the same crappy Purdue team that beat a crappy Michigan team?
The same crappy Michigan team that beat a crappy Northwestern team?
The same crappy Northwestern team that beat a crappy Iowa team?

so basically what the summary of that is is that the whole big 10 is crappy!!!!:notworthy::notworthy::smile::smile::biglaugh::biglaugh:

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
so basically what the summary of that is is that the whole big 10 is crappy!!!!:notworthy::notworthy::smile::smile::biglaugh::biglaugh:

ISU vs Iowa's schedule

Maine: Win
FLA INT: Win
Iowa: Loss
@Pitt: Loss
NW: Loss (with Bacher and Sutton healthy, as Iowa played them)
@MSU: Loss
@IND: Win, without Kellen Lewis
Wisconsin: loss
@ILL: Loss
PSU: Loss
Purdue: Win
@MINN: Loss

That's 4-8.

The Big Ten is no where near as tough as the Big 12. But it still doesn't mean ISU would go to a bowl game playing in that league this year, either.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
The Big Ten is no where near as tough as the Big 12. But it still doesn't mean ISU would go to a bowl game playing in that league this year, either.

The Big 12 is the toughest conference in the country. But in reality it was a pretty soft conference schedule for ISU. The Big 12 gets a lot easier when Texas, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma are removed from your schedule.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
You mean the same crappy Purdue team that beat a crappy Michigan team?
The same crappy Michigan team that beat a crappy Northwestern team?
The same crappy Northwestern team that beat a crappy Iowa team?

BTW, NU beat Michigan today in Ann Arbor.

So.... they're 8-3. I dunno, but IMO it's hard for anybody on this board to really call an 8-3 team or a 7-4 team crappy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron