Booker

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
i don't love these threads either and am glad people are supporting the guy. booker played well last year, struggled at times this year, maybe playing out of position a bit at times. dude chose to come here, got his degreee, was a good student and did nothing wrong other than lose some minutes to niang. my guess is he will rally and finish strong and play a lot of important minutes, he is to talented and athletic to have sit the whole game, im really pulling for the guy.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Everyone has a bad game sometimes. You gotta have depth to cover it. We will need Booker & Gibson when Ejim or Niang have an off-night.

I thought some of Book's problems were rooted in trying to do a little too much. Going for the big block and getting a bad foul, etc. When he plays within himself, he's really a solid defender in the post. Sort of like Lucious - when he tries to be good he is really good, but when he tries to be great he makes mistakes. Just be good man, that's good enough.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
This thread should be here. The man earned some recognition and respect. That's the purpose here.

It's not the 10 millionth body language thread.

I hope we see more Booker on Saturday.

And there are post games for threads like that. Do we really need a single player thread for doing a good job or playing their role every game?

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Booker had a tweet tonight that said something like, "Been in a dump lately, and the crowd cheering me on really got me going/motivated/uplifted me and you have no idea how much I appreciate it, cyclONEnation!!" to that effect not exact quotes. He later tweeted, man i can't RT all these supportive tweets but know i see all of them and appreciated it

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Couldn't be more proud of our fans (especially the students) for the ovations that both Bubu and Booker received after upon their respective returns.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I fee like Weber will feel that it was a mistake and he'll try to go big against us more. If our outside shots are falling he'll be forced to go small, but if not, then he can keep a big line up and pound it inside.

I'm sure Georges is drooling over the thought of Diaz attempting to guard him. That dude looks ridiculously out of his element just trying to get into a defensive stance say nothing about trying to move his feet and stay between his guy and the basket.

[video=youtube;151dOlH-aAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=151dOlH-aAE[/video]

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
What a great kid. Hopefully his critics can see that now.

Yea, these threads always make me feel bad cause no matter how big these guys are, they are just kids to old people like me.

My son runs across the players on campus once in a while. His Booker story involves the taco bar in the dining hall. Son was taking a LONG time loading up his tacos and kept dropping tongs and the like. He knew someone was waiting behind him, because suddenly the lighting was quite poor due to a very large person. He mumbled a "sorry" and turned around to see the large person obstructing the light was Booker. Booker was all smiles, said "take your time bro." A little thing, but a guy with no ego in a place where some of the students fangirl over every player on the basketball team.

I don't know why anyone supposes to know what he is thinking from his gestures on the court. Glad we have him if for no other reason than with Ejim and Niang getting in foul trouble every game, we need some big bodies to give us minutes on defense.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Hoiberg must have worked with him in practice and Booker responded positively. Good for him, it is nice seeing him play. He could be very important down the road.

That's my impression too. Last night was a great night not only because we pounded the Sooners but Book got in there and helped the team to a big win. The fans response when he entered the game was great, and after making some great hustle plays the players were all over Book when he came to the sidelines for a timeout. Niang met him coming off the court and almost jumped in his lap. Great to see the whole team all in for a big push toward a strong conference finish and the tournaments.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Agree. The cohesiveness this team has is amazing!!! We could be in store for a special season...

Last edited:

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
His first tweet must have gotten quite a few responses.....later he tweeted:

Anthony Booker@booker22
Too many tweets to RT. I see them all & thank u!!!!!

For those of you non-Twitter people, and before someone asks......RT means re-tweet. Booker can take a tweet someone sends to him and send it back out for all of his followers to see.

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
I loved the response of the fans when Booker ran on to the court--and loved even more his team mates crowding around him to pat him on the back at the first timeout after. This is really a great group of young men--becoming a great team right in front of our eyes. love it.

Cysmik

Feb 25, 2012
Bookers defense this game was the best I've seen from any Cyclone player. He played defense with his feet and head.
Agreed. I specifically recall a play where I said 'Holy ****, Booker just got down low and moved his feet instead of just hacking away'. Keep it up AB.