Bowl Game Projections

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
How many people really want to drive to a beach over an hour away when it's probably going to be in the 60's?

Sure if you have never seen the ocean/gulf before I get it but it isn't like it's going to be in the 80's/90's and sunny.

I've been told the water will be plenty warm to go swimming in. Never been to Florida so thats the major selling point to me.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Just gonna leave this here for the other potential travelers...

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Wouldn't it help increase participation in the University sponsored bowl travel if they were to layout the prices for fans to review prior to the announced bowl? These large travel companies that they are working with have to have rooms held in all the cities so how hard would it be to quote a room and a chartered flight to 6 cities from Des Moines?

Oklahoma has this all laid out with many of the games having multiple options

https://www.primesport.com/d/oklahoma-sooners

Reactions: wxman1

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Had a friend that lives in FL that is hearing ISU vs ND, and that 80% of the tickets are already sold. Just seems pretty weird for any tickets to be sold since no one know for sure where anyone is going. Probably some miss information.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
No doubt, just not great beach weather. Like I said cool to see the ocean if haven't before or watch the sun set but not "spend the day at the beach" type weather.

What about spend the day by the “heated pool and bar with the ocean 100 feet away” type of weather? Cause that’s what I want. Not “it’s 30 degrees and it’s raining in a confederate **** hole” type of weather in Memphis

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Would the state of Texas and Dallas really push hard to keep TCU in the Cotton bowl even if they loose? Or does the committee decide who the other 4 bowls of the new years six will take?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I am seeing a lot of ISU in the Cactus bowl. Would we really fall that low? Brett McMurphy has us projected there and is usually pretty decent on his projections.

jc4cy

Jun 8, 2015
Iowa
I am seeing a lot of ISU in the Cactus bowl. Would we really fall that low? Brett McMurphy has us projected there and is usually pretty decent on his projections.
I'd almost prefer the Cactus Bowl vs a quality PAC-12 opponent (UCLA, Oregon, etc.) than the Liberty Bowl vs Memphis or UCF or some G5 team. Even though the Liberty Bowl is "higher" than the Cactus Bowl

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron