Bracketology 2024

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I dont read that bull**** and a majority of then are idiots. The only thing that matters is Selection Sunday.
Ok. Well many of them are pretty accurate at projecting. And the fact that none of them have Duke seeded in Charlotte (all of them have Tennessee playing there) should be telling.

If you'd prefer to believe in conspiracy theories though, go for it. I don't really care where Duke plays, and only care where Tennessee plays to keep Memphis open for Baylor.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
That makes absolutely no sense, let's put them in a completely different state just because their campus is closer?

Does the committee understand Memphis is actually in Tennesse and all their fans just aren't located in Knoxville.

Duke and Carolina will be in Charlotte.

If your theory is correct then that should make it even easier for us to get Omaha.
All their fans are not located in Tennessee. Saying they should be in teh same state is kind of stupid. There are a ton of examples where a team would prefer a closer site to an in state site.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
The teams chose sites based on where they fall on the S curve. If Duke wants to be

Purdue wants Indy
UCONN wants Brooklyn
Houston wants Memphis
Tennessee wants Charlotte
Arizona wants SLC
UNC wants Charlotte (Charlotte is full now)
Marquette wants Indy (Indy is now full)
Iowa State wants Omaha
Baylor wants Memphis (Memphis is now full)
Duke wanted Charlotte, but it's full, so they would chose Pittsburgh
TEAMS don't choose sites. Its the computers. Tennessee can't say they prefer Memphis. They get the closest site when their name comes up.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Knoxville to Charlotte is 230.6 miles

Knoxville to Memphis is 391 miles
....and Knoxville to Indy is 359 miles. Memphis is 3rd closest venue.

Only team that has a location choice is overall #1 seed and BYU with its THU-SAT restriction on venues. Otherwise, teams are assigned to closest venue within parameters of bracketing principles.

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
I dont read that bull**** and a majority of then are idiots. The only thing that matters is Selection Sunday.

Be wrong the entire thread, then call everyone else idiots. The internet is wild.

Imagine if New Orleans and El Paso were 1st weekend sites and Houston was a 1-seed. Pretty sure they'd rather play in New Orleans than El Paso. Who the hell cares about state boundary lines? Last time I checked, you can drive over them.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Be wrong the entire thread, then call everyone else idiots. The internet is wild.

Imagine if New Orleans and El Paso were 1st weekend sites and Houston was a 1-seed. Pretty sure they'd rather play in New Orleans than El Paso. Who the hell cares about state boundary lines? Last time I checked, you can drive over them.
It's Texas, so...maybe? Depends why you're going out of state.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
That makes absolutely no sense, let's put them in a completely different state just because their campus is closer?

Does the committee understand Memphis is actually in Tennesse and all their fans just aren't located in Knoxville.

Duke and Carolina will be in Charlotte.

If your theory is correct then that should make it even easier for us to get Omaha.
I don't think you understand vast Tennessee stretches east to west. Google Maps shows Knoxville to Charlotte is a 3 hour, 51 minute drive. Knoxville to Memphis is 6 hour. 8 minute drive.

For comparison, Knoxville to Charlotte is about the same as Ames to Sioux Falls, SD and Knoxville to Memphis is about the same as Ames to St Louis.

BeastCY

Mar 18, 2016
Iowa
www.ToDoCentralIowa.com
Of the 5 teams ranked ahead of the Clones, who do you think we have the best shot against in the Tournament?? Houston, UCONN, Purdue, Tennessee or Arizona? I would not want to play Purdue or UCONN.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
In order of preference
Arizona
Purdue
Tennessee
Houston
Uconn
Arizona
Houston
Purdue
Tennessee
UCONN

we've already beat Houston and played with that in Houston. I'd take them on again on a neutral floor

Reactions: DurangoCy

Help Support Us

Become a patron