Bracketology 2024

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I used to respect Andy Katz. However, his bias to the Big 10, ACC, Big East is definitely prevalent. His latest.

CW mentioned it in one of this podcasts. The national media (in general) is not giving any credit to the Big 12.

View attachment 125364
He works for the Big 10 Network who is owned by Fox Sports. Which two conferences media rights are owned by Fox?

Big East and Big 10. His power ratings mean nothing to the committee. I wish people didn’t get fired up over analysts opinions. His top 12 isn’t that bad imo.

Reactions: Cydkar

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
This match up is a little better- per Joe Lunardi.
Idk why I’m so scared of the top MW teams, but I just am lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5474.png
    IMG_5474.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: nrg4isu

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That’s probably his 2nd sim. I copied his 1st sim for today, which was the only one he put out at the time.
Trash my take all you want. But the person who runs CF is of the same mind as me.

I’m not a doomsayer, sweet 16 is great!
If our offense doesn’t go back to the way it was, we aren’t making a deep run & I feel 100% confident in saying that.
I listened to the podcast this morning and I heard Blum say "we are the number one defense over that same period so we always have a chance". Guess we hear what we want to hear. I'm not going to argue or give you any more crap about it. Believe what you will. Just FYI each time you push the "Run New Sumulation!" button it just spits out a new model run. With that said, we're winning the championship!

1000001350.jpg

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I’m not trying to discredit numbers and metrics but trying to predict the most unpredictable postseason in all of sports seems like a waste. Plenty of good teams with insane metrics will be gone after the first couple of days while a couple of S16 teams with horrible metrics will still be playing. It’s that way every single year.

Also, no offense but too many people here take CW and Blum’s takes as gospel and hard hitting analysis. They are buddies who are sipping whiskey behind a mic. Just the same as any one of us meeting up for a drink to discuss the rest of season.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
Played with Fizer a few times. Rule was he couldnt go in the lane … his “team” won easily every time.

I played against Fizer and his friends at Lied a couple of times. The funniest moment was when we were playing them. They were talking a lot of crap, Fizer wasn't saying anything. I pickpocketed their mouthy point guard and was going up for the layup with nobody around, or what I thought was nobody around. Next thing I remember I was about 10 feet away from the court on my butt. He felt so bad, small little kid at 6 feet tall. 2nd game we played we changed up teams and I was on his team. Was quite fun playing with a stud like that. he was a good guy.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
He works for the Big 10 Network who is owned by Fox Sports. Which two conferences media rights are owned by Fox?

Big East and Big 10. His power ratings mean nothing to the committee. I wish people didn’t get fired up over analysts opinions. His top 12 isn’t that bad imo.
I didn't realized who he worked for. This makes the bias make sense.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I have some painful and good memories from playing pick-up with team members:
  • Stayed one summer in Ames working and every afternoon played fairly high-level (I was easily the weakest or second weakest player on the court most of the time) pick-up games on the big court in State Gym (way before the current renovation). You were allowed to stop and step outside and through up over the steps facing Beyer, but you had to come back right away and finish the game!
  • I had to guard Big Vick in one game in the post. What a laugher as I am only 6' 3" (in shoes) and that dude has a hind end as wide as an aircraft carrier. There was no way to get around him to stop the entry pass and he could reach about as high as I could jump. Thankfully he never used his patented chicken-wing hook on me.
  • Was playing with T-Woods and I was in the post. The defender overplayed me to the topside so I reverse pivoted on the baseline to be open right under the bucket. Before I was fully squared around, T hit me between the eyes with a bullet pass--new meaning learned about "keeping your eye on the ball".
  • Set up to take a charge from Ronnie Harris and he planted a knee in my chest, knocked the wind out of me, dunked and landed straddling me. He looked down and said, "Ain't no charges in pick-up white boy." Kindly he didn't step on me.
  • While I was not a great jumper, I had a quick release and high arch on my shot from the corner of the lane. Hit one over Lafester. Two trips down the floor later I got the ball (amazing because there wasn't a lot of passing in those games) in the same spot and he came flying at me with his long arms shouting and I got it off just over his finger tips. He turned to see it swoosh then looked quizzically back at me as we trotted down the floor and said, "Damn white boy!" Neither it nor Ronnie's comments were derogatory racially, just and identifier as one of the only caucasians on the floor.
  • One of the worst experiences was having to guard Ray Harris. For those of you too young to remember, he was about 6' 6" and super muscled, but he sweat more than anyone I have ever seen. He had to change shoes every couple of pick-up games because he would sweat through them! He was scary looking but had this very high pitched voice that didn't match the mean looking physique.
  • Broke my wrist playing in a game with Fred (not his fault). I got a rebound but was falling backwards so threw it towards the rim so I wouldn't travel and put my hand down to break the fall...big mistake!. I missed, but Fred rebounded and put it back in and we one the game but that was the end of my pick-up games for a few months.
In HS we'd go up Saturday mornings to state gym. On occasion we'd match up with those guys. Tracy Henderson would run with them as well.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I listened to the podcast this morning and I heard Blum say "we are the number one defense over that same period so we always have a chance". Guess we hear what we want to hear. I'm not going to argue or give you any more crap about it. Believe what you will. Just FYI each time you push the "Run New Sumulation!" button it just spits out a new model run. With that said, we're winning the championship!

1710188114406.png
Excuse me, have to go to the doctor in about 3 and 1/2 hours.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The 7 that I really want to avoid is Gonzaga. I also don’t want to play Florida, they are a 6 right now.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I used to respect Andy Katz. However, his bias to the Big 10, ACC, Big East is definitely prevalent. His latest.

CW mentioned it in one of this podcasts. The national media (in general) is not giving any credit to the Big 12.

View attachment 125364
Katz is all over the map. He had us at 4 just a few weeks back and all we've done is lost to K-State in that time. We drop 7 for losing to K-State and Arizona drops from 8 to 10 in the same time frame and they lost at USC which is a much worse loss. No way to reconcile that. Whatever.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
you mean weber state advancing to the elite 8 isn't going to happen? thats what i got!

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I’m not trying to discredit numbers and metrics but trying to predict the most unpredictable postseason in all of sports seems like a waste. Plenty of good teams with insane metrics will be gone after the first couple of days while a couple of S16 teams with horrible metrics will still be playing. It’s that way every single year.

Also, no offense but too many people here take CW and Blum’s takes as gospel and hard hitting analysis. They are buddies who are sipping whiskey behind a mic. Just the same as any one of us meeting up for a drink to discuss the rest of season.
When Otz got the job, I do recall CW seeming to get more info than he does these days. Or he just can’t share it anymore.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
When Otz got the job, I do recall CW seeming to get more info than he does these days. Or he just can’t share it anymore.
And CW just shared more about it on the premium board regarding the offensive struggles.
I read it and nothing in that post was new or something that hasn’t been said by multiple posters in the past couple of days. In fact, I said something extremely similar about Milan like 30 min after the loss on Saturday.

Nothing against either of them and they have more info on the “inside” workings of the team but when it comes down to X’s and O’s and philosophy there are many users just as plugged into or more than they are.

Like people were upset with them after the Liberty Bowl becasue they were optimistic going into it and when it all went to hell “well CW said we should be able to run all day!?!”