*BUFFALO WILD WINGS*

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No kidding. Its not so huge a deal to me that i wouldnt go there, but really what are they thinking? Would you ever see ISU stuff in an IC (not coralville, IC) sports bar? Would you see TAMU stuff in Austin or vice versa? Purdue stuff @ in Bloomington, IN? Alabama stuff @ Auburn? Etc. No hawk fan is going to expect to see that in an Ames bar, yet there will be Cyclone fans unhappy with it being there, so its just a poor business decision.

Yeah, pretty dumb. I will actually be surprised if it's around long. I would think someone will ***** and they will get it. I probably will end up there sometime regardless, but I will protest to my friends.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I had some friends that went tonight and said it was a 2+ hour wait at 6

Not a big surprise considering its the first week.

I wonder how the size of the place is, the one in WDM was built way too small and that causes way more wait than there should be.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
West Cyde Wings would get more of my business if the wings hadn't sucked so bad the last 3 times I've gone in there. I probably won't step foot in there again with BWW as an alternative. I don't give a **** what's on the walls.

There used to be a point where I would agree with you. Back in the day, I couldn't stand BWW. As it is though, the last few times I've gone out of my way to go to WCW, I've been SEVERELY disappointed. I hate to say it but I do not forsee myself returining to West Cyde Wings unless there is significant evidence to support my return.

In the mean time, I am excited for the residedence of Ames that they get a BWW's

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Take it for what it is worth but what I like best about WCW is it is a pretty good place to drink and hang out. It's low key and locally owned. You very rarely must wait to be seated. They have a nice new 120 inch HD projection screen. Their boneless is actually freshly cut and hand breaded which is why it takes longer to get your food often times but at least you know they are fresh. Again they have very good drink specials. 5 dollars pitchers on Monday nights and you will be able to watch whatever game you want. Tuesday is wing night 44 cents for BONELESS and Traditional wings and 2 dollar bottles. Wednesday is cheap burgers and fries and 1.75 draws. Thursday- Sunday they also have 2.25 Tall Boys. While it is no BWW it has a lot of perks. It is nice to be able to drink and not have it be packed all the time. I'll continue to go to WCW because I can get the same boneless and wings at Applebee's and low key atmosphere that is going to a local guy unlike some chain that will never consider sponsoring anything Iowa State. That's just me. End Rant!:)

Back in the day I wouldn't have given a **** about BWW. The last few times I've been in Ames I've gone OUT OF MY WAY to go to WCW and have been disappointed every time. Wings were cold, under cooked, lack of sauce, etc. I would love to support WCW but I can't

huskerman

Mar 12, 2008
ames
my opinion: BWW sucks, small wings and not a lot of flavor.

My other opinion: WCW will continue to suck as long as "Name Deleted" (manager/waitress) handprint is still on it.

myself, if im in ames and want good wings and beer i drive down to the Chicken Coop in the des moines area.

Last edited by a moderator:

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC

My other opinion: WCW will continue to suck as long as "Name Deleted" (manager/waitress) handprint is still on it.

myself, if im in ames and want good wings and beer i drive down to the Chicken Coop in the des moines area.
A Husker fan promoting the Husker bar...no way.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I have never been a huge fan. I just feel that most chains, after awhile, get worse. Applebees isn't what it once was. I don't know what BWW was like in it's infancy but the few times I have been there, the foot wasn't awesome. Good, but nothing special. The atmosphere, however, is awesome. All of that doesn't really matter though because I will not frequent a place in Ames which has an Iowa Jersey in it and I know about it. I just really don't like that. You're based on a sports crowd for a lot of business and your going to put up a hated rivals jersey? Come on.

You should try ordering the wings instead

purify

Apr 1, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
How come no one talks about Pizza Pit when talking about wings. My favorite in the city. They're not sauced, but the hotter then hot is solid. I always get wings there for my birthday.

I've given West Cyde 2 chances, and been disappointed. The last one about a month ago. I thought the wings were dry and way too undersauced. Will never go there again.

I'll try BWW, when the new-ness of it dies off.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids

Myself, I think your opinion in both wings and sports is crazy. Now kindly go back to the big 10.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
How come no one talks about Pizza Pit when talking about wings. My favorite in the city. They're not sauced, but the hotter then hot is solid. I always get wings there for my birthday.

I've given West Cyde 2 chances, and been disappointed. The last one about a month ago. I thought the wings were dry and way too undersauced. Will never go there again.

I really like BWW but I do have to agree with you on Pizza Pit. The thing I miss most moving away from Ames was the inferno wings. Someday I should call them and see if I can buy a frozen bag of them to take home and fry up.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

Mmmm Pizza Pit wings sound good, and I'm not sure if I ever had any.

CloneFan319

Aug 18, 2010
Iowa
My friends and I called Buffalo Wild Wings while we were on the the way there and told us it was an hour wait...got to the new BWW and it was 3 hours..that being said, we went to Legends and got a table immediately and watche the games we wanted too. Really hope to try out the new BWW very soon.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
My friends and I called Buffalo Wild Wings while we were on the the way there and told us it was an hour wait...got to the new BWW and it was 3 hours..that being said, we went to Legends and got a table immediately and watche the games we wanted too. Really hope to try out the new BWW very soon.

Lol, just drive to ankeny, its not going to be all that different.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Give me a pound and a half of drummies from Pizza Pit and 2 dippers of ranch, plus a side of cheese bread. Screw BWW, beer is cheaper at the Station anyway.