*BUFFALO WILD WINGS*

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Glad I'm not the only one who is ticked off about this. Was starting to think it was just me!

How come nobody ******* about the UNI Panthers bball jersey right next to Stanzi's? I guess since it's Ames, they shouldn't be there either.

Or how about the random high schools from around the state, some of which are rivals of Ames High?

Some people have their panties in a bunch way too often.

That being said, we had about a dozen in a group this weekend, got seated in an hour. Took about half an hour for our orders to be taken, and another half hour waiting for food. All in all, we spent 3 and a half hours there, but it was worth it!

The service was a little off though. They didn't bring us ranch at first, then brought us about 50 cups of it. They also forgot a few peoples' orders, mixed them around, and got some wrong - but they made it right by the end of the night.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
There's no restaurant on earth worth a 2hr wait in my mind. Let alone an extremely average and overpriced chain that you could drive 20 minutes to get to the next location and not have ANY wait.

Reactions: LindenCy

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
How come nobody ******* about the UNI Panthers bball jersey right next to Stanzi's? I guess since it's Ames, they shouldn't be there either.

Or how about the random high schools from around the state, some of which are rivals of Ames High?

That being said, we had about a dozen in a group this weekend, got seated in an hour. Took about half an hour for our orders to be taken, and another half hour waiting for food. All in all, we spent 3 and a half hours there, but it was worth it!

The service was a little off though. They didn't bring us ranch at first, then brought us about 50 cups of it. They also forgot a few peoples' orders, mixed them around, and got some wrong - but they made it right by the end of the night.

I had a similar experience. The staff just isn't very experienced yet, which is to be expected. All the waitresses and staff were very nice. They had some nice talent working there when I went. Overall it was a good experience.

And on the UNI jersey note, nobody cares about UNI. I'm sure you have noticed by now that there is nobody that ISU fans hate more than the Hawks and it isn't close. If I were a Bdubbs owner, I wouldn't have and Iowa jersey in Ames and I wouldn't put an ISU jersey in Iowa City or Corrallville. I'm not to torn up about it though.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's too bad that WCW has basically become BWW (over priced, undersauced, and poor quality of wing). It blew the doors off of BWW a couple years ago.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
There's no restaurant on earth worth a 2hr wait in my mind. Let alone an extremely average and overpriced chain that you could drive 20 minutes to get to the next location and not have ANY wait.

Agree totally. I think BWW is ok, and I would go there, but I can't think of a place I would wait that long.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
For people comparing Bdubbs and Pizza Pit wings, I don't even consider them the same thing. Two completely different styles of wings.

That being said Pizza Pit wings are insanely good, although the last couple times I've gone I think they were a little too crispy/borderline burnt.

Both will however keep you severely incapacitated the next day.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I guess I just don't understand what the big deal about this new BWW. Its not like there isn't one for a 100 miles or something like that. There is one 20 minutes down the road. The food quality is average at best. There boneless is prebattered wings, the same exact thing you get at Applebee's or Wendys. There wraps are the only thing that is decent and oh yeah, its expensive. So whats that leave, I guess beer isn't hard to screw up. And I love how you guys are so willing to pump your money into big named franchises instead of feeding your local business' that have higher quality of food.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
And I love how you guys are so willing to pump your money into big named franchises instead of feeding your local business' that have higher quality of food.

Except in this case, where the direct competition is West Cyde Wings, which by many accounts in this thread has left people very disappointed.

Aren't you someone affiliated with WCW?

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I think you guys are forgetting the fact that BWW just opened up 6 days ago!! The buzz will go down and it will be down to a normal wait just give it a little bit of time.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Except in this case, where the direct competition is West Cyde Wings, which by many accounts in this thread has left people very disappointed.

Aren't you someone affiliated with WCW?

Yes but im also talking about Pizza pit or Wallabys.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Ames so rarely gets new things that it's always like this. I remember Old Chicago was PACKED every night and weekend all the time the first few months it opened.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Ate there yesterday. My simple observation on the jersey thing...they tried to keep the sports decor neutral on all levels of sports/sports teams.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Ames so rarely gets new things that it's always like this. I remember Old Chicago was PACKED every night and weekend all the time the first few months it opened.

It's not just Ames, nearly every city is like that when something new comes along. Anyone who was in DM 6 years ago or so can probably remember what it was like trying to get into PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, and Joe's Crab Shack when they first opened. 3 hour waits were pretty much the norm for a few months.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I haven't been there, but I would ***** about all of it. The problem is, there is a vast shortage of places in Ames that you can say "hey that place really supports its local team." Most places are so worried about appealing to both Iowa and ISU fans, however, go to Iowa City, and you have to search to find anything pro-ISU.

Funny thing is, I cheer hard for Iowa when they are not playing ISU, but it just has always bothered me that there seems to be even Iowa/ISU pride in the one town you would expect to be heavily, if not completely, favoring ISU.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I haven't been there, but I would ***** about all of it. The problem is, there is a vast shortage of places in Ames that you can say "hey that place really supports its local team." Most places are so worried about appealing to both Iowa and ISU fans, however, go to Iowa City, and you have to search to find anything pro-ISU.

Funny thing is, I cheer hard for Iowa when they are not playing ISU, but it just has always bothered me that there seems to be even Iowa/ISU pride in the one town you would expect to be heavily, if not completely, favoring ISU.
There are a number of such places that show off only Cyclone stuff, off the top of my head, West Towne Pub, Valentinos, Legends, Wallaby's, La Fuente, Happy Joe's before it had to close. I can't really think of any places that actually have any Hawkeye propaganda, which are you thinking of? Maybe I just don't frequent those places.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
There are a number of such places that show off only Cyclone stuff, off the top of my head, West Towne Pub, Valentinos, Legends, Wallaby's, La Fuente, Happy Joe's before it had to close. I can't really think of any places that actually have any Hawkeye propaganda, which are you thinking of? Maybe I just don't frequent those places.

I know there some places in Ames that stick solely to the Cardinal and Gold, but there are some that dont, and its those that dont that always get me.

Maybe its just me, but I feel that just about every other college town I have been to has more pride in their local team than does Ames.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I know there some places in Ames that stick solely to the Cardinal and Gold, but there are some that dont, and its those that dont that always get me.

Maybe its just me, but I feel that just about every other college town I have been to has more pride in their local team than does Ames.
Which places are you thinking of that don't?

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006

It seems that the Locally owned establishments like Wallaby's tend to favor the home team while the corporate owned factory restaurants resemble the United Nations when it comes to team representation.